Question About Campus Crossroads Phases
by 7Mules (2016-02-22 19:58:07)
Edited on 2016-02-22 19:59:26
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Does anyone knows if the plan is to have the west and east buildings complete before the start of 2016 football season? That would seem to be feasible leaving only the music building incomplete as it broke ground much later than the other two buildings.

Thanks in advance to anyone with insight.

Slight Hijack: Price decrease on club seating?
by grdomer  (2016-02-23 16:50:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I got a call today from the new football premium seating account executive. Apparently the person who tried to sell me on club seats 5 months ago is no longer with ND and the new guy wants to walk me through changes to the project which includes lower pricing. From the outside, seems like this project is struggling a bit...has anyone received the same call and know more?

Either way, ND needs to clean up their database because I am definitely not in their target market.

Seats seem to be selling
by oldbender  (2016-02-24 11:23:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As said, its an outside group marketing the seats. They've made presentations to two of my sons. Both got the sense that sales were going well for the seats they were talking to them about . We have season tickets on the forty yard line behind ND's bench and more around the stadium, so nether was that interested. But the people are still in contact with my youngest son. His wife has some interest for business reasons. The prices quoted to both were not cheap. But certainly comparable to what others I know are paying at places like Alabama and Ohio State for their premium seating.

Minor clarification-the people selling the seats are not
by rick  (2016-02-23 17:17:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND employees. ND outsourced the project to Legends.

Can't be going too badly. Loge seats are already sold out
by Keough09Roos  (2016-02-23 17:13:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Per the Premium Seating website, the loge seats are already sold out, but club seats still remain.

Out of curiosity, what were the prices they gave you originally?

Don't remember the original pricing
by grdomer  (2016-02-24 12:26:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was more than I could afford and I'm pretty happen with my current seat location so it didn't really stick.

When I saw the plans, I was reminded of ancient Ninevah
by mkovac  (2016-02-23 15:04:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would have to confer with sprack as to how it really looked, but the new look for the ND Stadium carries an Assyrian theme in my opinion.

The Destruction of Sennacherib
BY LORD BYRON (GEORGE GORDON)
The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold,
And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold;
And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea,
When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee.

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!

And there lay the steed with his nostril all wide,
But through it there rolled not the breath of his pride;
And the foam of his gasping lay white on the turf,
And cold as the spray of the rock-beating surf.

And there lay the rider distorted and pale,
With the dew on his brow, and the rust on his mail:
And the tents were all silent, the banners alone,
The lances unlifted, the trumpet unblown.

And the widows of Ashur are loud in their wail,
And the idols are broke in the temple of Baal;
And the might of the Gentile, unsmote by the sword,
Hath melted like snow in the glance of the Lord!

I was thinking more of Xanadu
by sprack  (2016-02-23 16:50:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kubla Khan
By Samuel Taylor Coleridge

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree:
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.
So twice five miles of fertile ground
With walls and towers were girdled round;
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
And here were forests ancient as the hills,
Enfolding sunny spots of greenery.

But oh! that deep romantic chasm which slanted
Down the green hill athwart a cedarn cover!
A savage place! as holy and enchanted
As e’er beneath a waning moon was haunted
By woman wailing for her demon-lover!
And from this chasm, with ceaseless turmoil seething,
As if this earth in fast thick pants were breathing,
A mighty fountain momently was forced:
Amid whose swift half-intermitted burst
Huge fragments vaulted like rebounding hail,
Or chaffy grain beneath the thresher’s flail:
And mid these dancing rocks at once and ever
It flung up momently the sacred river.
Five miles meandering with a mazy motion
Through wood and dale the sacred river ran,
Then reached the caverns measureless to man,
And sank in tumult to a lifeless ocean;
And ’mid this tumult Kubla heard from far
Ancestral voices prophesying war!
The shadow of the dome of pleasure
Floated midway on the waves;
Where was heard the mingled measure
From the fountain and the caves.
It was a miracle of rare device,
A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

A damsel with a dulcimer
In a vision once I saw:
It was an Abyssinian maid
And on her dulcimer she played,
Singing of Mount Abora.
Could I revive within me
Her symphony and song,
To such a deep delight ’twould win me,
That with music loud and long,
I would build that dome in air,
That sunny dome! those caves of ice!
And all who heard should see them there,
And all should cry, Beware! Beware!
His flashing eyes, his floating hair!
Weave a circle round him thrice,
And close your eyes with holy dread
For he on honey-dew hath fed,
And drunk the milk of Paradise.

Slight Hijack: I like using that palace as Xanadu
by PapaTpt  (2016-02-23 23:14:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The first stanza is a remarkably close description. But then this in the second:

A savage place! as holy and enchanted
As e’er beneath a waning moon was haunted
By woman wailing for her demon-lover!

Sounds about right for the palace that was home to Darth Vader's lover.

Inspired by the same 'medicinal' compounds, I'm sure. *
by 88_92WSND  (2016-02-23 21:19:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A great day for English Romantic poets on NDN!...
by Kbyrnes  (2016-02-23 20:29:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Who sez there's no use for arts & letters?

The gauntlet has been thrown down
by sprack  (2016-02-24 12:39:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

mkovac and I have done our part, I challenge one and all to come up with an appropriate poem relevant to the Crossroads project by Shelley, Keats, Wordsworth, Mr. or Mrs. Browning, et al.

Would you find such quality on Wild West or any Michigan board? I think not.

"Round the decay/Of that colossal wreck..."
by irish gypsy  (2016-02-24 14:51:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shelley's Ozymandias comes to mind:

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Kudos to you, sir! (I mean ma'm) *
by sprack  (2016-02-24 23:06:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ma'am *
by cj  (2016-02-25 10:36:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

oops! *
by sprack  (2016-02-25 10:54:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

very well done
by mkovac  (2016-02-24 16:43:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although, of course, you are describing Michigan's Big Charnel House

Thank you for putting this in my head
by wiNDycityfan  (2016-02-23 17:01:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hey, it hit me too. What do you think came up first on the
by sprack  (2016-02-23 18:16:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

search?

I think we need to change mascots....
by cj  (2016-02-23 16:57:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ff to 1:31

Ha! that is awesome *
by sprack  (2016-02-23 18:17:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

very cool, cj.
by mkovac  (2016-02-23 17:32:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't tear my eyes away from any 50s sci fi film if it's on when I'm scrolling through stations.

There ought to be a station totally devoted to them.

ziggurats go back to ancient Sumer *
by jrdjr84  (2016-02-23 15:28:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't he play tackle for the Irish in '46? *
by PWK2  (2016-02-25 17:13:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think so. And he ran a lot of stadium steps, right? *
by mkovac  (2016-02-25 17:35:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Crossroads looks amazing similar to Ur
by MackerelSnappingAnarchist  (2016-02-23 15:52:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder if URwhatUR agrees *
by sprack  (2016-02-23 16:52:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The press box switches to the East side, correct? Does that
by JSDomer  (2016-02-23 10:02:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Irish sideline will switch as well?

Coaches' booths will stay on the west side
by Keough09Roos  (2016-02-23 11:05:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Per the linked FAQ's, NBC and Game Operations (this includes coaches' booths) will stay on the west side. Radio booths and the rest of the media will move to the east.

Let the other team have to look into the sun.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2016-02-23 12:41:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course, it's not as bad as it was before the stadium expansion, but see the 1988 Miami game to see Jimmy Johnson trying to keep the sun out of his eyes.

Yes, bizarrely, NBC stays on the west while the rest of the press goes to the east. Does the radio broadcast team stay on the west as well? Otherwise, the whole "..going from our left to right..." shtick has to be thrown out.

It gets late early out there. *
by NJDoubleDomer  (2016-02-23 15:52:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why would that impact the ND sideline? *
by BigNDfan  (2016-02-23 10:34:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Current views (link)
by SEE  (2016-02-23 07:17:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Shake down the blunder from the sky...." *
by cj  (2016-02-23 15:42:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll say it again, the west side is way too close..........
by Ty Webb  (2016-02-23 12:48:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to DeBartolo.

This thing is going to look awful because it's going to look too wedged into their current footprint.

The east side isn't much better...
by knott06  (2016-02-23 14:49:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope they considered the safety ramifications in all of this: I can only imagine how this will add significantly to the time needed to wait in line before the game and how over crowded the sides of the stadium will be before and after games.

Of course Jenkins, Jack, and the other VIPs will probably have some convenient private entrance so they need not worry about the rest of us.

What a monstrosity. *
by Georgia Hog  (2016-02-23 12:10:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought they did a real nice job of integrating the new
by SEE  (2016-02-23 12:38:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

buildings into the flow of the stadium. Almost looks as if they didn't just stick two giant buildings on the side like a 4 year old would do with legos.

I respectfully disagree. *
by Georgia Hog  (2016-02-23 16:09:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Read the Lego comment *
by SEE  (2016-02-23 17:41:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry,I missed the subtlety, but I'm not very perceptive. *
by Georgia Hog  (2016-02-23 20:14:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clearly, I'm as clear as mud.
by SEE  (2016-02-23 21:36:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Intention and keyboard don't always mesh well.

I hope Moose Krause was moved to a safe spot *
by NJDoubleDomer  (2016-02-23 07:22:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's safely tucked away in Cedar Grove . . . *
by other_guy  (2016-02-23 09:19:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The press box will have to be done, but..
by BigNDfan  (2016-02-22 23:11:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think the buildings are suppose to be anywhere near finished.

They still have a year and half of construction.

Didn't realize 1997 press box had already been removed...
by 7Mules  (2016-02-23 12:39:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Obviously that means the west side football facing portion will need to be complete. Not fact-based, but that would probably mean the east side football facing portion would be finished as well even if the rest of the building wasn't.

Neither will be complete prior to the start of the season *
by DILLONHALL  (2016-02-22 21:48:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.