Think of how an adept offense helps your team
by irishrock (2014-12-09 14:54:06)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: People who lack your wisdom ...  posted by CJC

Look, a tough and hard-nosed defense does so much for your team. It creates an organizational mindset for toughness. It creates turnovers. It creates an intimidation factor. A lot of 3 and outs creates many more offensive opportunities. It allows for the offense to take more chances.

But

A great offense helps the team and can help a weak defense. Eat clock...huge benefit, time of possession is critically important to elite teams. Limited turnovers...doesn't put the opposing offense on a short field. (making the opposing offense go 70-80 yards for a score is a huge recipe for success...starting on the 20 like ASU got to do makes for an easier day). An intimidating/imposing OLine wears down the Defense and helps a team win the fourth quarter.

I am done with state of the art...just give me a reliable/stable offense. I know that is pathetic, to dumb down expectations, but I know ND will win a lot if they adopted the "hedgehog" concept from Good to Great. Do the simple things, but do them better than anybody else, and great things will happen

Replies:
  • Perfect - The Flash  2014-12-09 15:49:23

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.