Before last week the resumes for the various teams were reviewed:
FSU, TCU, OSU, Baylor
- The feeling was that TCU's "body of work" to date was better than the other 3 teams...
And then another round of games happened and everyone's resume changed...
TCU's overall "body of work" became less impressive because:
- They played a doormat opponent
- A "big win" over Oklahoma, became less impressive as OU lost to Oklahoma St.
- The Oklahoma loss had ripple effects, also making Baylor and K-State's wins over Oklahoma less impressive (and thus TCU's win over K-State and loss to Baylor less impressive.
- Their win over K-State also became less impressive because Baylor also beat them.
FSU improved its "body of work" by beating a good GT team on a neutral field.
- FSU could see gains in its body of work with OKState's win over OU
- (Maybe also through a transitive... FSU beat Miami who beat Cinci who won another game)
OSU improved its "body of work" by beating a good Wisconsin team on a neutral field.
- body of work also improved by Cinci winning
Baylor improved its "body of work" by beating K-State.
- Baylor also saw its body of work negatively impacted by OU's loss
- Baylor also was hurt by TCU dropping a bit
There are a lot of assumptions that are being made, but in a single week TCU's resume clearly took the biggest hit, while the 3 other schools improved to varying degrees...