Here is where I disagree
by The Oak (2014-12-09 11:48:32)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: A very good post on Cartier thoroughly debunks your premise (link)  posted by ThreeD

I am conceding for the sake of argument everything the poster from Cartier said (although I question that the statement "a 2 loss Notre Dame team would NEVER get in" is true). His conclusion was that a TWO LOSS Notre Dame team would never get into an 8 team playoff, therefore the 8 team playoff is bad for Notre Dame.

My interests are making sure an undefeated or 1-loss Notre Dame team has a chance to play for a National Championship. I do not want to see a great Notre Dame team robbed of a championship ever again (1989, 1993). If we lose 2 games in the regular season, I would never think after the fact that we missed out on a championship we should have had.

I stand by my statement. There is LESS need to join a conference now. When it goes to 8 teams, there will be plenty of slots for a GREAT ND team to get in the playoffs.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.