A question for El Kabong...
by irisharab (2014-12-09 11:14:49)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Have you heard anything through the grapevine that caused you to ask the question in the thread below?

No *
by El Kabong  (2014-12-09 11:30:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What if ND and Texas formed a conference of 2 teams.
by K-Rock  (2014-12-09 12:45:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They cosign a TV deal and they agree to play for the Conference Championship on the 1st Saturday in December. If the NCAA balks, you take them to court.

NCAA rules prescribe a minimum of 6 teams per conference
by ShermanOaksND  (2014-12-09 12:53:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't believe that threshold would be vulnerable to a lawsuit.

And 12 teams for a conference championship game. *
by tdiddy07  (2014-12-09 13:12:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was just being facetious, but if ND can no longer exist
by K-Rock  (2014-12-09 13:09:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as an independent, they might look into seeking an unconventional route.

I don't believe there's any such story floating right now
by ShermanOaksND  (2014-12-09 11:26:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But Sunday's announcement raises further questions about the future of the Big 12.

The Big 12 has made leaving difficult.
by Kayo  (2014-12-09 11:51:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is a grant of rights agreement that says the conference owns broadcast rights to the games of any team that leaves during the term of its TV contracts, and those contracts were extended recently. What conference will want Texas without the right to broadcast its home games for the next decade?

It seems more likely that the Big 12 will add teams. BYU and Colorado State are possibilities, but they might want to look towards the east for a team in West Virginia's part of the country. I'm sure Cincinnati would pounce on the opportunity, but who really wants Cincinnati?

to add to your last rhetorical...
by ccndbound  (2014-12-09 13:15:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"or their damn FB coach?"

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.