Excuse my naivete ... I know Bookie C = Fredo, where is Fredo derived? *
by JC (2005-11-09 01:04:26)

This user did not provide content for this post

See the link inside...
by gmurphy  (2005-11-09 01:04:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

** Fredo is the mentally challenged brother in The Godfather who betrays the family out of his own stupidity. He ends up at the bottom of Lake Tahoe. It's used in the Big East to describe the way BC betrayed the conference.

Boston College: "It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!"

The Big East: "Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?"

Editors note: BC will always be a school that defines itself by the lowest possible standard: upsets of real teams rather than by any excellence achieved on its own. The greatest moments in BC lore are not national championships or Heisman trophies. BC actually revels in the fact that it can stub the toe of a great team rather than aspiring to greatness on its own. As such, it will always be viewed as the pathetic stupid brother mired in the world of mediocrity, who only touches greatness when it can upset it. BC's great years are bad years for real football schools. Of course, as a dumping ground for those who couldn't get into Notre Dame, BC fans wouldn't know the difference between excellence and mediocrity.