Thanks. Just found a couple photos from that Penn State game
by Moff (2024-04-03 13:29:56)
Edited on 2024-04-03 13:37:51

In reply to: You are loaded with awesome stories like this! Wow! *  posted by drmurray

in 2006, including the one I mentioned with Ross and Luther. What a loss Ross' passing was.

The other photo is the one I took after I got the heads up from that future 4* General (then a "lowly" Lt. Col). He whispered, "Moff ... check 3 O'Clock." I looked over my shoulder to the right and saw who was talking to Luther and Tim Brown. I then took the "no look" photo, as I knew Joe appreciates his privacy. I then looked at the photo to see if I had even gotten them in the frame and saw that they were on to me and had smiled for the photo. I then looked over at them and Joe already had his hand extended to shake my hand. It's nice when your childhood heroes turn out to be even better people than you imagined. First time I had shaken his hand since August 1978 in the third floor lobby of Fisher. I was 12 and my mom saw him and asked him to come over and say hello to me and he was great about it then too. What a joy to watch him then become, imho, the greatest QB ever.

Replies: