"Bigger Than Brick"
by MPG (2017-07-17 10:09:22)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Check und.com for this masterpiece...

I can also report seeing many trays of plants being lifted to the roof of the new Duncan Student Center. Yes, the "greening" of the rooftops is underway!

Somebody needs to tell these people
by GolfJunkie17  (2017-07-20 10:04:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just because something was once put in print, it doesn't mean it's deep or profound.

What is with the creepy Harry Potteresque logo?
by SEE  (2017-07-19 08:47:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hate this building. I hate it so much. *
by Manorcal  (2017-07-23 10:52:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I prefer the "Rockne Mountain High" descriptor. (link) (link)
by ndlp  (2017-07-22 08:25:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep. Saw them coming off the truck today - tomato plants
by 21TAS  (2017-07-18 22:06:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they told me. I said okay.

It's a cross of tomato and sensimilla. High times on level 9 *
by ndlp  (2017-07-22 08:19:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just lettin' it all hang out..... *
by Johncardinalohara  (2017-07-17 19:56:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thirty-six, twenty-four, thirty-six
by Father Nieuwland  (2017-07-17 20:23:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

points allowed in the first three games.

Snortle. Tha's a good one. *
by 1NDGal  (2017-07-18 22:41:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't understand what "Bigger than Brick" means. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2017-07-17 17:40:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a Freakbass lyric. Or will be soon. *
by Irish Tool  (2017-07-19 10:52:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cinder block? *
by NDbias  (2017-07-18 17:41:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?
by Father Nieuwland  (2017-07-17 18:52:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is the explanation from the article:

Throughout the 2017 football season we will be giving you a behind the scenes look at the Campus Crossroads Project on social media - you can follow along with the #NDBiggerThanBrick hashtag. Why #NDBiggerThanBrick? Back in Notre Dame's 1930 Alumnus magazine, it was stated "Notre Dame is bigger than brick and far more than mortar."

I admit I would not like to have my work scrutinized on the internets, but #NDBiggerThanBrick? I hope $0 of the $400,000,000 price tag went toward paying anyone for that.

At least is came from a historic quote.
by vitadulcedospes  (2017-07-18 11:13:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From an ND publication, but that's not a particularly clever or pleasing quote.

Between that stupid phrase and the 18 stripes,
by tdiddy07  (2017-07-18 09:14:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and yet Swarbrick thinks that alumni are the ones that cling too much to tradition? They package, market, and sell "tradition" like no other program. Clearly, Bigger than Brick is a phrase worth preserving. But the Irish Guard, the pre-game Mass, not having shitty uniforms, not having a TV in the stadium and crappy music, and playing on a real surface are superficial things that need modernization.

Interesting. Thanks.
by Giggity_Giggity  (2017-07-17 20:03:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had assumed it was an Anchorman reference.

You should've seen right through that.
by tdiddy07  (2017-07-18 09:16:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

People do not like Kelly. He is not polite. And he is constantly late. But I do wish he'd stick a knife in a toaster.

These guys make the idiots behind #thatscub look
by 512  (2017-07-17 19:39:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

like geniuses.

Follow the link in the original post and read the
by MPG  (2017-07-17 18:26:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Bigger Than Brick" article and debut of the new logo for the Crossroads project.

Can't we get artificial snow instead? Seems more apropos. *
by JimClarke5  (2017-07-17 17:39:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know I'm in the minority here, but...
by Hunt  (2017-07-17 17:22:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but I'm kinda on board with this here.

What at all was special, unique, historic, traditional about Notre Dame Stadium 2.0? The first round of renovations was the one that was painful to me. This one, I really don't have an issue with the nearly the same degree.

Much like the fieldturf, I feel that the jumbotron would have come with or without a big renovation, and I actually kinda like the new brick look compared to the bland look the stadium has had the last 20+ years.

So we can grow grass on the roof but not the field? *
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-07-17 15:57:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe they could make the field of grasphalt shingles *
by 2020  (2017-07-17 16:21:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Three separate dedications may sound excessive to some
by Carlos Huerta  (2017-07-17 14:56:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but this is a group that has a lot to congratulate themselves about. They've come a long way since someone first had the idea to attach three giant leeches to an iconic structure.

Spending $400 million of other people's money with no
by Tex Francisco  (2017-07-17 14:59:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

accountability is not as easy as it may sound.

I'd like a shot at that! *
by TWO  (2017-07-17 15:51:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did the schedule on the student center slip
by fontoknow  (2017-07-17 14:15:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or was it always scheduled to open in Jan of 2018?

I heard it slipped about 6 months
by ND8486  (2017-07-17 17:13:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And delayed the BBC facility reno.

It's mind-boggling that we'll probably get some kind of
by SWPaDem  (2017-07-17 12:46:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

green environmental award for growing grass on the rooftops and no penalty for tearing it out and replacing it with plastic on the playing field.

Maybe we'll get a second award for the 4.7 million physical pixels: Most Audacious, New Tradition after Two Flips of the Switch to Gut What Was a Formerly Iconic College Football Venue.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.