This should end well.
by TAR (2017-07-08 23:53:12)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Glad he is sober, but this train wreck written all over it.

Thanks for reminding me of this. . .
by JC_90_94  (2017-07-11 11:17:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Varying thoughts
by beachtrojan  (2017-07-10 13:44:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First off, from a football perspective, I'm not sure Todd's been given a fair assessment. He seems to make the "all time NFL busts list" but the the truth is, he was never that good and the Raiders had no business drafting him the 1st round. There was a lot of hype because of the way he was raised but his numbers in college didn't indicate that he was going to be a great pro QB. 61% completion, 5,000 yards, 29TD/25INT to go with -153 yards rushing over 2 years. That's fairly pedestrian.

As someone who is a "friend of Bill," he should not be making any big moves until he's been sober at least 2 years. But I suppose he needs to continue down his path until he's finally ready to do sobriety 100%. For the real deal alcoholic/addict, it can't be done half-ass.

It's tremendously sad. Sad that FB is all he knows how to
by 1NDGal  (2017-07-09 09:55:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

do, and sad that he remains so deluded.

Great job, Dad. "Marinovich" is now the synonym for "Psycho Stage Parent".

Actually he became a talented painter after FB
by SixShutouts66  (2017-07-09 11:22:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree with the rest of your comments though. He was less talented than the hype and seemingly had no one to be true support. Suppose we have to credit others, like Jimmy Clausen and Bryce Harper, who managed to survive and Lonzo Ball, who's next.

I read a cool Bryce Harper story.
by rkg  (2017-07-09 11:46:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Basically, when he was in sixth grade and told an authority figure his goals. It's in the linked article. about 17 paragraphs in, it's under the "but first a story" header

".... that's on me coming back to be on the planet....."
by SWPaDem  (2017-07-09 08:54:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe, but you've got to love the self-assessment.

"Talk about comebacks. We're not talking about football really," he said. "My best friends weren't betting on me, and that's not betting on me to come back to play football, that's on me coming back to be on the planet. So just being right here, right now is a win. I'm comfortable for the very first time in my own skin and man, what a gift."

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.