Stubhub Center for LA Chargers game
by domerforlife (2017-06-21 18:12:50)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Anyone been to StubHub Center? I am making the trip to watch my bumbling Browns play in December. 30k stadium should be a fun experience. My question is regarding corner endzone seats - would sitting in first few rows add to the experience or should I go for higher up in corner section?

Yes, I know - Browns are horrible and I've already heard all of your jokes about them.

There isn't a bad seat in the house
by catripledomer  (2017-06-29 15:35:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seriously, the venue is very well laid out and every seat is very good for football. The field is lower than the first row of seats so you should be just fine anywhere.

Related: Rams pulling 10K seats off table for LA Coliseum. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-06-27 12:27:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NFL stadiums should have one way doors
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-06-27 17:19:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Entice them to enter the game. Don't let them out. The world would be a better place.

Wait, the Rams played in LA LAST season?
by Irish Warrior  (2017-06-27 16:47:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had no idea and I imagine most Americans don't remember this either.

There was a lot of press about fistfights at Rams games *
by shea  (2017-07-14 08:12:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Technically. *
by MistakenD  (2017-06-28 13:24:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They pulled 90k+ for preseason.
by Wooderson  (2017-06-27 20:46:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They were one of the biggest drawing teams the first half of the year, I think, until the Jeff Fisher Equilibrium came into effect.

31/32 in attendance in 2016 *
by GolfJunkie17  (2017-06-29 10:36:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jags were 32?
by MistakenD  (2017-06-29 14:05:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nevermind. Looked it up.

Raiders by a lot.

I spent a lot of time there 10 years ago. Great venue
by undfan211  (2017-06-24 22:32:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The concourses are wide and open, the sight lines are great, the weather is incredible, and the atmosphere is very good.

But traffic, at least back then, could be mayhem for Galaxy games (which generally were sold out and full capacity, given the team's general success and the arrival of Beckham that summer).

There also wasn't much in terms of nearby amenities. A lot of land was/is occupied by the tennis courts, the practice fields for the Galaxy (and formerly Chivas USA - RIP), the tennis stadium, etc. Plus, Cal State Dominguez Hills is right next to the parcel of land on which all the sporting items sit.

If I were a fan of a team visiting the Chargers, I'd go in a heartbeat.

It's a small venue
by sayahailmary  (2017-06-21 20:32:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So higher is still going to be close to the action.
Also, contrary to the other poster's remarks, there is sufficient interest in the Chargers that they sold out their season tickets. If you go on Stubhub (where tix start at $87 for that game) you can see the views from the various seat levels.

I believe it's the smallest NFL venue in over 60 years
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-06-22 17:34:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Packers' last season at the original City Stadium was 1956. That place seated only 25,000. New City Stadium, later renamed Lambeau Field, opened in 1957 and originally seated just over 32,000. Some of the AFL stadiums had smaller capacities (e.g., Frank Youell Field in Oakland, and Nickerson Field and Alumni Stadium in Boston), but I'm pretty sure no NFL stadium did.

The Chargers would be in deeper trouble than anyone thought if they couldn't sell out a 30,000-seat soccer stadium.

Any NFL team could sell zero tickets for an entire season...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2017-06-28 22:27:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and still make a profit.

Don't worry. In the end, the Bolts will make out OK.

Judging by the lack of interest in LA for the Chargers...
by irisharab  (2017-06-21 19:02:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There probably will be plenty of empty seats. You might as well buy the cheapest tickets possible, then move around about halfway through the first quarter and find a seat that you like.

Season tickets sold out in March. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-06-21 21:49:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There will be plenty of no-shows in December *
by Jvan  (2017-06-22 19:44:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

12/31 Raiders game will fill the house.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-06-23 09:33:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

However, I'll bet the 12/3 games vs. the Browns will have the highest no-show number.

Both Bay Area teams will be at LA on 12/31
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-06-24 01:44:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The 49ers play the Rams 12 miles up the 110 Freeway. Very strange scheduling. Another oddity: it will be the first time the 49ers ever have closed a regular season in LA.

That last fact is odd, considering the amount of time
by Wooderson  (2017-06-27 20:48:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both spent in the same state and division.

A good thirty years plus, very surprised they wouldn't have the SF-LA game be a regular season ending tilt. Especially considering the relative successful of both clubs.

Yes, 2017 will be the 47th season in which the LA Rams
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-06-28 16:20:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are in the same division as the 49ers, starting in 1950 when the 49ers and Browns moved from the old AAFC to the NFL, and excluding the St. Louis years of 1995-2015.

Much of the reason for this involves the NFL's one-time inclination to schedule December games in warmer climates as frequently as possible. For most of the 1950s and 1960s, both LA and SF finished at home against teams from colder climates (most frequently the Packers and the Colts). Both teams finished on the road more frequently in the 1970s, but not against each other (the Rams finished with an opponent from outside their division every year from 1970-1978).

The Rams finished at SF for the first time in 1984, and did so again in 1986, 1987, and 1988. It didn't happen again until 1998, by which times the Rams were in St. Louis. The 49ers closed the 2002 season at St. Louis (the final time a Week 17 game was played on Monday night), and again in 2009 and 2011. The Rams' final game as a St. Louis team was at SF in 2015.

The NFL began mandating intra-division matchups for Week 17 in 2010, which increases the chances of future season-ending Ram-49er games.

Thanks for the thorough response.
by Wooderson  (2017-06-29 09:19:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As an LA resident, are you at all interested in the Rams' return?

Agreed. *
by irisharab  (2017-06-22 23:41:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.