Kizer update- appears to be kicking ass
by 512 (2017-06-15 14:27:45)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

"Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer is one of the best beat writers in the NFL, and she hinted that Kizer has looked so good in OTAs, he has a chance to work his way into the competition to start the season opener. He has been getting reps with the starters lately, which is telling."

Guess he really did need to come back for another rear under your tutelage Brian, you prick.

He went to Cleve-Land to chew bubblegum and kick ass!
by jt  (2017-06-19 00:22:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And he's fresh out of bubblegum, motherfuckers!

Browns QB coach says Kizer "is not ready to play"
by irishboy89  (2017-06-16 13:40:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think there's any chance of Kizer starting early this season

Browns need to put Kizer under hypnosis to erase BK memory *
by Frank Drebin  (2017-06-28 15:45:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can you forget something you never were taught? *
by btd  (2017-07-14 00:21:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You may end up being correct
by DCDave  (2017-06-16 15:52:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I don't think that link provides any credence.

Lot of coach speak, but no drinking from a firehose *
by Flanner_11B  (2017-06-16 15:08:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let's be honest, we all could use another rear. *
by SUJB9  (2017-06-15 19:19:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't let the tax accountant analize it. *
by Yodadame  (2017-06-15 22:12:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was perfect *
by pmcdnd96  (2017-06-16 12:34:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He should absolutely start the season opener
by bluengold07  (2017-06-15 16:30:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For several reasons.

1. The Browns know what they have in Oswiler (terrible) and Kessler (a solid backup quarterback who does not have the arm strength to be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

2. Throwing Kizer to the wolves in late November when the team is 2-9, half the offensive line is out with injury, and the weather is awful is setting him up to fail. Get him the first-team reps in training camp/preseason and get him out there with a healthy group.

3. The Browns have to find out what they have now -- With two 2018 first-round picks and three second-round picks, they absolutely have the capital to move up to #1 overall and take a QB. They need to figure out sooner rather than later if Kizer is their guy.

Hold on there re: Osweiler (Texans fan here)
by someguy  (2017-06-16 13:00:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's not terrible. He's worse than that. He made us wish to have any one of the four-headed-monster that was Hoyer/Mallet/Yates/Weeden back under center. Deandre Hopkins had 1500+ yards with those FOUR under center in 2015. He had 954 yards last year...

Kessler changed his diet and ate the same thing..
by TWO  (2017-06-15 17:08:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

everyday for 90 days, a diet that he claims has given him more arm strength and is throwing the ball harder without any extra effort. Diet was put together by Browns nutritional staff.

Any word that he actually is showing improvement in camp?

Kudo's to him for determination, I know I couldn't do it for 2 weeks much less 90 days.

I think Kessler while not blessed
by DCDave  (2017-06-16 06:48:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with Kizer's natural size and strength is an adequate NFL QB and somewhat underrated. Jackson seems to really like him because plays with grit. IMO It's going to be tough for Kizer to unseat him to start the season but I wouldn't see it as any sign that Kizer is underperforming if he does. Alternatively if Kizer starts it will be a very good sign that Kizer is progressing at a nice clip. I just think Jackson will default to Kessler if the competition is neck and neck to start the season.

Kessler from today
by Hanratty5ND  (2017-06-15 17:30:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He had multiple passes batted down in yesterdays practice and then there is this report from today's. Granted--it's only a few practices, but he looks limited in upside:

They've said he looks bigger/stronger
by Bluengold07  (2017-06-15 17:28:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I'm skeptical in reference to the improvement in arm strength. Twenty three year olds don't normally gain noticeable arm strength. His lack of height is also an issue as mentioned.

There is a long way
by Vairish84  (2017-06-15 15:20:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

between looking in good in shorts and starting in the NFL.

Granted, his competition is not that strong, and he may be able to outplay Kessler and Osweiler, but on most teams the article would read more like rookie playing well in camp. The Browns have been looking for a savior at QB since Kozar, any possibility of one is going to be overplayed.

I think Kizer can be a good NFL QB. He may be the Browns' best option Week 1, but that does not mean he would be the best option on almost any other team.

Let's calm down a bit, here.
by dentonfreeman  (2017-06-15 14:46:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Browns are horrendous and have some terrible QBs.

I hope this post doesn't prevent tomorrow's DK post *
by DakotaDomer  (2017-06-15 15:49:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Showing potential competence isn't exactly kicking ass. *
by tdiddy07  (2017-06-15 14:55:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So very unsurprising and yet so gratifying. Kill it, DeShone *
by 1NDGal  (2017-06-15 14:44:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.