Stoops's twin sons
by jrdjr84 (2017-06-14 13:40:19)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Just spoke with a rabid OU fan who says a main reason Stoops retired right now is to watch his twin sons play their senior year of HS football. They're both considered D1 prospects, especially the DB. They played in the state 6A title game last year but lost in a very Big 12-ish 57-43 game.

Now imagine this situation: you're a D1 head coach on the hot seat (ahem), and you see that the Stoops twins could help your program. Do you recruit them knowing that having them commit to your program might increase the likelihood their dad would want to replace you?

Can't a dad just want to watch his kid play? *
by Paddy O'Furniture  (2017-06-15 13:21:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

GIven that they are seniors
by Vairish84  (2017-06-14 15:28:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and not on any of our target lists, and in fact, not really being discussed at all, I would question whether they are, in fact, D1 prospects. All the articles on them seem to indicate they are prospects with no list of offers given.

I think I believe that
by BuckeyeJohn05  (2017-06-14 15:13:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have not heard any mention of a health concern from Youngstown folks.

bob was a helluva player
by cujaysfan  (2017-06-14 14:55:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so - not surprising

simple - recruit kids who can help your team
by TommyZ  (2017-06-14 13:48:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

FWIW, looks like they have MAC level interest.

Sound like good PWO options for ND ...
by SavageDragon  (2017-06-14 14:06:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

MAC-level interest, Catholic, midwestern family ties (though presumably they've lived their entire memory in Oklahoma).

You mean they would be freshman starters *
by acrossdmiddle  (2017-06-15 07:16:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.