Central Florida & NCAA are messing with a kid's future
by Paddy O'Furniture (2017-06-13 14:40:01)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Kicker being forced to choose between his YouTube Channel & Football.

YouTube marketing is currently stronger than Facebook Marketing and likely anything else on the web, according to most Social Media conferences & experts.

You don't build 52,000 followers by kicking for UCF. This kid has worked his buns off.
He's not using football to build his celebrity, it's the other way around.

It's a sad day when Admin-types think they know the rules and misinterpret them.

He should be happy with his free education!
by dentonfreeman  (2017-06-21 17:34:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

College athletics in general are a complete joke.

He just posted another video - aimed at NCAA idiocy
by ndaero93  (2017-06-16 08:44:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michigan can spend $750,000 to take all the players to Rome
by 88_92WSND  (2017-06-19 22:06:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but this kid can't run a side business. What a farce.

He just posted another video - aimed at NCAA idiocy
by ndaero93  (2017-06-16 08:44:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Meanwhile
by 88_92WSND  (2017-06-14 22:56:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Scott Frost (UCF coach) Speaking fee available on request.

Somewhat akin to the Jermey Bloom at CU
by fontoknow  (2017-06-14 11:03:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Bloom lost that one.

And while this particular situation makes me very angry, I can understand the point of view of NCAA. There is definitely a slippery slope here.

I disagree
by catripledomer  (2017-06-15 12:12:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jermy Bloom was getting endorsement money to be an athlete. It seems like an important distinction in this case.

endorsements are how skiers fund themselves
by cujaysfan  (2017-06-20 12:27:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so - that sport is fundamentally different

the ncaa's stance on bloom was dumb

they should have held him up as an example of excellence - on the slopes, on the field, and in the classroom

plus - it's not like there is any crossover btw the X sports and NCAA sports

i don't think there has been anyone since who has been faced with the Bloom dilemma. The NCAA should have recognized that - made an exception and moved on.

I don't see this ending well for UCF and the NCAA
by jcali  (2017-06-14 08:37:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is the kind of story that will go viral and get UCF and the NCAA a lot of attention they don't want.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.