Former BC head coach Jagodzinski hired: Notre Dame high
by coachslacker (2017-06-06 09:20:46)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

school, as an assistant.

--0---
Jagodzinski took Boston College to two Atlantic Coast Conference title games, and his first season the Eagles climbed as high as No. 2 in the national polls and finished 11-3. They were 9-5 in his second season, but he subsequently was dismissed after he interviewed for the head coach's job with the New York Jets.

His pro stops include Green Bay (tight ends coach 1999-2003 and offensive coordinator 2006) and Atlanta (tight ends coach 2004, O-line coach 2005).

The 52-year-old has reached pinnacles in his chosen profession but had no second thoughts about coaching at the high school level, even as an assistant.

They left out his stop in Tampa Bay (link)
by emil  (2017-06-06 15:14:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

plus the Omaha Nighthawks and Ave Maria
by cujaysfan  (2017-06-06 15:16:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but - Ave Maria has a football team?

There are a lot of Notre Dame HS out there..
by TWO  (2017-06-06 13:18:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I always look them up when one of them comes up. This one only has 419 kids in 9-12. So he's really likely in a low level of competition for football.

But what stood out to me is that according to wikipedia they charge non-catholics 15K for tuition and catholics 11K. I've never seen that before.

The separated charges are common
by coachslacker  (2017-06-06 13:37:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at least around here.

Two Nashville-area high schools:

•Catholic $14,530
•Non-Catholic $18,850

*To qualify for the Catholic rate students must have a Roman Catholic Baptismal Certificate or Profession of Faith and a signed Parish Subsidy card on file in the Business Office.

And -
Golden Tate's HS:
•Tithing Catholics from the diocese of Nashville receive a $1,800 discount with a parish subsidy card (= $13,450). The Catholic parishes of the Nashville Diocese help subsidize the school, making this discount possible. Families wishing to receive the Catholic discount must submit an annual parish subsidy card for signature by the pastor by March 1, 2017. The parish then sends these cards to JPII directly.

at the college level, BYU gives Mormons a 50% discount *
by jt  (2017-06-07 12:31:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Common in California, as well. *
by rkellyatrecess  (2017-06-06 20:44:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not at my alma mater *
by jt  (2017-06-07 12:32:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interesting, my original thought
by TWO  (2017-06-06 16:42:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was ...Is it legal to charge Catholics one price and non-Catholics another price...but I guess since States can charge instate and out of state tuition that it does make some sense.

I wonder if Catholic schools like Jesuit HS do the same, they aren't supported by the Diocese.

In my experience, the break is more common for schools which
by Father Nieuwland  (2017-06-07 21:55:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

receive a parish or Diocese subsidy, and therefore members of the parish or Diocese receive the discount.

The Jesuit/ Sisters of Mercy schools my children attended received no parish or Diocese subsidies and offered no tuition breaks to members of the parish or Diocese.

If only we had as much integrity as BC.
by SWPaDem  (2017-06-06 12:52:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BC - if you're looking, you're out of here.

ND - if you're looking, no problem; how about a raise and a contract extension while we're at it?

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.