Greg Hudson
by vankelly (2017-04-12 19:23:49)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I read an article that mentions Greg Hudson is no longer with the coaching staff. That is news to me. I found another article (which I linked below) that mentions he applied for the DC position at Wisconsin. Does anyone know why he departed? Was he told he could not return as a defensive analyst?

ND should have taken care of him
by tank  (2017-04-14 12:55:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He did everything they asked of him. He's an alumnus.

But Longo has a landing spot.

There was no room at the inn for Hudson.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-04-13 16:24:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it was all done very quietly by ND.

------------------------------------------

Q. Greg Hudson became a big part of the coaching staff the final two months last year. What are his plans? Did he interview?

COACH KELLY: Yeah, he did, and you know, Greg still I think would like to have a role. We're still kind of in the process of looking at the possibility. Obviously he is somebody that we think very, very highly of. But as you know, we're running out of -- we're running out of slots.

As I recall, Purdue was still paying him.
by SavageDragon  (2017-04-12 21:53:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's likely that his Purdue contract is now up, so he would have incentive to seek coordinator jobs for the larger paycheck rather than the analyst gig.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.