Kizer apparently had a great workout today for Cards
by ShillelaghHugger (2017-04-10 18:52:34)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

according to the local radio guy who consistently has the best access to team.

Also the same guy who first found out when Bruce Arians said there was "1 QB ready to play in the NFL" he meant Kizer.

I think it'd be a great fit for him to spend a season or 2 under Palmer, who by all accounts is a great guy and teacher. He has said several times that his success stemmed from his time with Kitna and how he'd like to do the same for his successor.

Agreed that would be
by DCDave  (2017-04-11 14:49:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

perfect for 2 reasons.

1. As you said he can be the backup and not have to perform right away.

2. Palmer is bound to get hurt and miss at least 1 or 2 games which should get him some playing time his rookie year. I guess you could look at that like it is opposite of the first but some playing time is better than having to be the man for an entire season on a crappy team.

I really want Kizer to succeed.

I agree with you
by pmcdnd96  (2017-04-12 11:13:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I don't think #2 is the opposite of #1 because of expectations. If Kizer is drafted by Cleveland, he has to be the savior in year one and if he completes 57% of his passes and has a 1:1 TD to interception ratio, he's the next bum in a long line. But if Palmer gets hurt and Kizer comes in for a couple games and completes 58% of his passes including 3 TDs and 3 INTs, he has done a great job filling in unexpectedly.

Exactly what I trying to convey. *
by DCDave  (2017-04-12 12:41:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Palmer also had interest in....
by brnd  (2017-04-10 19:58:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

.... attending ND, but didn't have the grades.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.