Raiders approved to Las Vegas *
by Stonebreaker9 (2017-03-27 14:23:45)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Other owners didnt want to play road games there anyway.
by 84david  (2017-03-31 08:23:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Visiting teams having batteries thrown at them during
games isnt cute or funny, or "personality" (with full
endorsement of stadium security) It is about real
player safety.

I dont think the rest of the league gave two shits
if they left oakland.

Wait until they move to Las Vegas
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-04-01 15:01:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The degenerates that drift in and out of that town will make owners long for the LA Raiders days, much less Oakland.

I've never been a Raider fan, but I find it sad...
by KevinG  (2017-03-30 10:39:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...what has become of that franchise, and how it will now likely be a sideshow in Las Vegas.

When I think of the Raiders, I can't help but think of this:

"The autumn wind is a Raider, pillaging just for fun."

Pirate's Booty Brothel will be there.
by The Holtz Room  (2017-03-29 10:55:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hey...don't a lot of you guys go to Vegas?

for a second - i thought that cheesy puffed corn
by cujaysfan  (2017-03-29 12:12:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was gonna be sponsoring this

apparently not - and i'd expect some sorta lawsuit over that

The Raiders will never be the same.
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-28 17:07:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nah, it'll be same as it ever was.
by BeastOfBourbon  (2017-03-28 18:09:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If ever a franchise was tailor-made for Vegas, this is it.

Just win, Baby!

I don't disagree with you.
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-28 18:14:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just love interjecting that photo any chance I get.

Can someone explain this?
by bluengold07  (2017-03-27 14:36:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Raiders new stadium is apparently not going to be ready for three years.

They actually plan to stay in Oakland for TWO more years.

They have also said that Sam Boyd Stadium in Vegas is not a viable option for year three.

So where the hell are they going to go for the 2019 season?

And Sam Boyd Stadium may only be a 40,000 seat college stadium, but the Oakland Coliseum is a total shitbox. Why not just move now?

The Coliseum is home
by mitquinn  (2017-03-28 20:02:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

much like the Stick, the fans don't want a new stadium.

The Warriors are about to do the same thing.

Three Bay teams in under 5-6 years. Yeesh.

Owners gotta own though.

At least people can still hop BART to the Warriors.
by Wooderson  (2017-03-28 20:23:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

49ers moved WAY far out of town.

I live 10 miles from Levi's
by mitquinn  (2017-03-28 21:55:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I will be able to fly to a Raiders game in Vegas in the same amount of time it takes me to drive to and from a 49ers game.

Also, BART is not going to the Chase center. They are planning an underground subway to connect to the stadium from Union Square/Powell. Yeah, an underground subway in SF... Ill believe it when I see it.

The Central Subway is quite the boondoggle.
by Wooderson  (2017-03-29 07:43:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

three stop extension to Chinatown, and that's basically it. It needed to go out the other side to the north side of the city.

And they need a second Transbay tube and BART down Geary like whoa.

I bet they are in Sam Boyd after year one
by fontoknow  (2017-03-28 10:25:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They already have the 2nd lowest home attendance in the league. As a lame duck franchise, I bet they average less then 35K per home game.

The Oilers tried sticking around Houston as a lame duck..
by TWO  (2017-03-28 16:18:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and that didn't work, and they bought their way out of the Contract with the Astros and played in Memphis for a year and in Vanderbilt Stadium before they moved into their current palace.

The 2 years they were lame ducks in Houston were miserable.

Thank God I'd moved by then
by Montroy28  (2017-03-28 20:53:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I lived down there and was crazy about the Oilers. We left Houston to return to the Midwest in 1993, though, so we didn't really get the full experience. The Bears are the closest thing I've got to a favorite team but it simply can't compare. The first love is long dead, and there will never be another.

I know the attendance was quoted at certain numbers, but the dome couldn't have had much more than 15,000 per game unless it was a really popular team that had its out of town fans in attendance. It was incredibly sad in contrast to the House of Pain era, when it was such an energized and loud experience.

Oakland should kick them out now. *
by Slotts  (2017-03-27 17:44:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mid-season would make it sting more. *
by MistakenD  (2017-03-28 13:39:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heck, the Chargers are going to play at a 30,000 seat soccer
by FtWorthIrish  (2017-03-27 17:39:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

stadium until Kroenke World opens up.

It's oversized for their L.A. fanbase. *
by TWO  (2017-03-27 18:01:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Note: they might stay in Oakland three more seasons,
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-03-27 16:52:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not just two.

Sam Boyd for preseason, Levis for regular season
by Tex Francisco  (2017-03-27 15:57:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Isn't Levis Stadium in Santa Clara the logical fallback option?

Does this look like a man who thinks that far ahead?
by cujays96  (2017-03-27 14:42:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he's better looking if you turn his picture upside down *
by milhouse  (2017-04-02 00:20:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice caps or are those veneers? *
by hibernianangst  (2017-03-29 15:13:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Simple Jack
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-03-29 10:50:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bowl haircuts are in, baby! *
by sprack  (2017-03-28 21:54:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Larry had Moe's haircut *
by sayahailmary  (2017-03-28 19:59:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His hair is He-man meets Dutch boy *
by Russiandomer  (2017-03-28 10:27:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"All that money and he's still got hair like a f***ing...
by Giggity_Giggity  (2017-03-28 00:19:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...dinner lady."

-Boy George on Elton John, appropriately hijacked for this poor bastard

At least he's got nice hair. *
by BeastOfBourbon  (2017-03-27 18:16:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did they make a movie about this guy named Bucky Larson? *
by FL_Irish  (2017-03-27 17:36:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

PLANS ARE FOR FOOLS!!! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2017-03-27 16:34:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good Lord, that's a genetic tragedy. *
by Marine Domer  (2017-03-27 16:11:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seabass and the fellas offered to pick up our check. *
by PWK2  (2017-03-27 16:06:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well done! *
by 85HOG  (2017-03-27 22:29:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He made part of his fortune by cutting his own hair *
by JACC1203  (2017-03-27 15:55:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And remember, he's the progeny of this man.
by FtWorthIrish  (2017-03-27 15:53:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's really disrespectful to post autopsy photos like that. *
by HoosierDomer  (2017-03-28 10:32:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Haha, oh dear *
by BmoreIrish  (2017-03-27 15:45:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He doesn't think of his own head, either *
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-03-27 14:52:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.