IU Crean out... ND Kelly officially on the clock
by Erskine68 (2017-03-16 13:02:33)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

granted, the clock is 2 years, not just 1.

If anything, Kelly is in line for a watch for 10 years of
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-16 13:40:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

unparalleled service.

shattered dreams
by mkovac  (2017-03-16 18:51:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And, the lyrics fit perfectly...

Shattered Dreams
Johnny Hates Jazz

So much for your promises
They died the day you let me go
Caught up in a web of lies
But it was just too late to know
I thought it was you
Who would stand by my side

And now you've given me, given me
Nothing but shattered dreams, shattered dreams
Feel like I could run away, run away
From this empty heart

You said you'd die for me

Woke up to reality
And found the future not so bright
I dreamt the impossible
That maybe things could work out right
I thought it was you
Who would do me no wrong

And now you've given me, given me
From this empty heart

You've given me, given me
From this empty heart

And what if you don't dream anymore?
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-17 08:11:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The failure to fire Swarbrick and Kelly after last season - not to mention the inaction of the BOT (not even a formal or informal whiff of publicly-stated dissatisfaction) suggests Notre Dame as we know it is now over - except for full-fledged membership in the ACC which is coming sooner than you think.

The crash and burn that will define 2017/2018 will lead the weak of mind and heart to the conclusion that full conference membership is our only salvation. (Actually, I now believe that was the plan all along; the all-hands-on-deck excuse making that was 2016 should have been the clue.) And they will, of course, be wrong. But absent the mass resignation of Jenkins, Swarbrick, and the BOT, there isn't a thing any of us can do about it except for maybe praying for a well-placed meteor.

I think the great Don Meredith said it best, "Turn out the lights; the party's over". It just sucks for us that we gave the keys to the kingdom to the worst of the worst.

"Worst of the worst"
by Willylumplump (click here to email the poster)  (2017-03-24 16:49:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems hard to understand how a guy could go without supervising or observing the off season strength program, see his defense blown-off the ball, see his defensive coordinator set poor game plans and then fail to make obvious adjustments during games, throw the ball in a hurricane from a shotgun set--I could go on and on. Very hard to understand how this is tolerated when excellence is an expectation at the institution.

who cares anymore *
by fourputtmd  (2017-03-19 18:43:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am in self-imposed suspended animation.
by mkovac  (2017-03-17 17:33:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I refuse to give up the hope that ND will once again re-adopt its annual goal: to challenge for the national championship.

When I was there, there was nothing else on the horizon. It was a clean and noble vision.

I'm a Luddite. And a dreamer.

I wrap myself in memories and dreams and will come out to see my shadow at an appropriate time.

Our Administration pines to go 8-4 and to the Ring Ding Bowl *
by Wolfetone  (2017-03-20 11:38:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You misspelled Rinky Dinky. *
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-20 12:35:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The leadership would have to be gutted for that to happen.
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-19 15:22:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And the echo chamber of a BOT/BOF is as useless as teats on a boar in this regard. Like I said, nothing short of a meteor could bring us back - and of course, we'd need to be reduced to a college football pile of rubble for that to have a chance of happening. The very concept and extreme cost of Crossroads - manifesting itself in the form of the ridiculous price increases for tickets and associated need for counterproductive night game programming by NBC to continue to want to broadcast the games on network TV - should be a clue that change is not forthcoming. They've doubled down on doofusry.

There is no way when there is no will. And when sheep rather than men continue to populate the decision making at Notre Dame, there is no breaking the cycle.

All that you dream.
by Moff  (2017-03-17 21:44:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've been down, but not like this before
Can't be 'round this kind of show no more
All of the good, good times were ours

The colors!!!! *
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-18 11:26:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we can go 8-5 this year a pen and pencil set would be a
by ArasEra  (2017-03-16 14:31:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fitting reward.

only if they're engraved with the following
by abqgant  (2017-03-19 16:12:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Purple Douche Pump"

There I go again...being unkind.

if John Wick gives him the pencil, I'd be good with it *
by irishrock  (2017-03-16 16:27:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.