Curley and Schultz admit guilt
by domer86 (2017-03-14 15:01:47)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Joe is rolling over in his grave down there with Satan

Do they expect them to testify against Spanier?
by hometown fan  (2017-03-14 15:49:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think I have the name correct.

It's ironic that Spanier was the leader at Nebraska when all
by omaharic  (2017-03-14 23:40:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of that stuff with Lawrence Phillips et alii was happening. Nothing
much ever happened as far as anyone being convicted of any crimes.
Of course NU was winning championships at the time.

That is the scuttlebutt. Spanier's trial is set to start
by HoundDog1973  (2017-03-14 17:23:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

next week unless he also cuts some kind of deal.

This prosecutor thinks so
by Moff  (2017-03-14 17:23:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Fran Chardo, Dauphin County's first assistant district attorney, said the fact that prosecutors dropped the conspiracy charges against Curley and Schultz strongly indicates an agreement that they testify against Spanier. Otherwise, he said, it could imperil the conspiracy charge against the third administrator."

Their testimony likely means that neither Curley nor Schultz will see jail time for the endangerment plea.

"I would expect that if they testified and testified truthfully that their lawyers will make a strong case they shouldn't see incarceration," Chardo said. "Their lawyers will argue the real villain is Spanier."

We'll see ...
by gadomer  (2017-03-15 09:04:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think if there were a strong case, this would have been tried by now. A friend of mine once did an audit (IIRC, at PSU) for Spanier. He told me that of all the audits he had done he had never had a more open and accommodating person than Spanier.
My opinion is Spanier may be the "bridge too far" target. I will always maintain that Paterno should have been the target all along. I also maintain there is a lot more to this case that just Paterno knowing.

There's no doubt that the administration ever challenged
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-15 09:26:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Paterno other than maybe in the 2000s after several disappointing seasons in a row when they went to his home to ask him to resign and he told them to get off his lawn.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.