Manti Te'o is still available as a free agent.
by G.K.Chesterton (2017-03-13 00:22:17)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I wonder if anyone will pick him up.

There is a bit of money ball at play here.
by 84david  (2017-03-14 17:52:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A vet looking for a second contract (and an injured
one at that) is far more expensive (and a bigger financial
risk) than drafting a rookie.

He tore his achilles
by HTownND  (2017-03-13 17:27:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suspect he's going to have to sign a deal when he can show he's back.

Typical recovery is 6 months, which should be at the end of this month.

He'll be hard pressed to get a deal in advance of that time frame.

Thought he was getting the gig as host of The Dating Game *
by Frank Drebin  (2017-03-13 17:16:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Texans should kick the tires
by JayInTx  (2017-03-13 14:42:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The LB crew is getting up there in age and lost Simon to free agency. They have more of a glut on the inside, though, but he might be a better fit outside behind Watt or Clowney in the 3/4 anyways to help with the injury issues.

I was thinking that the Texans might let Cushing go..
by TWO  (2017-03-13 15:23:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I guess not. Te'o could have been a good fit as his replacement.

Pats should. Worked with that other islander charger, Seau *
by Inigomontoya  (2017-03-13 12:51:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

undersized and injured often...still my favorite ND player
by irishrock  (2017-03-13 12:03:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of the last 20 years.

I'm unsure if his leadership strengths can be fully utilized in the NFL for a couple of reasons. First, he's injured a lot, and those guys really can't be leaders from the rehab room. Second, he's not the alpha of the locker room...other players are better.

That said, the Chiefs need a MLB and I'd love for him to join us.

"You can't make the club sitting in the tub." *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-03-13 13:46:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Injury issues? *
by TWO  (2017-03-13 11:10:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.