Nonsense
by HTownND (2017-03-10 14:54:02)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: None of these guys have franchise QB1 potential or experienc  posted by DakotaDomer

There is no way the Bears are paying Glennon 19 mil guaranteed next year, and signed him to a 3 year deal, to then turn around and take a QB at the top of the the first round (I guess they could trade back in).

The Bears are stupid and have done stupid shit in the past, but they aren't that stupid. It would be unprecedented for them to take a QB with their current first round pick.

I'll have to dig up the post, but I think people overestimate how many first round QBs are actually taken. It's not the primary focus of teams in round 1, and the number is based on teams that need a first round QB. The Bears no longer need a first round QB in this draft.

The Browns probably will take a QB if they trade/release Oseweiler (they also just cut RGIII). But I'd be amazed if they bypass Garrett and others and take a QB at #1 overall.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.