QBs on the move
by HTownND (2017-03-09 16:38:01)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Glennon to the Bears (could still see them draft a QB, but not at #3 in round 1 to sit for 3 years behind Glennon).

Osweiler to Browns (They aren't taking a QB in the first round at this point).

Hoyer to the 49ers (He's a place holder QB so they could still go QB, but probably not at #2 in round 1).

This does not bode well for any of the QBs (Watson, Trubisky or Kizer) and their first round money.

None of these guys have franchise QB1 potential or experienc
by DakotaDomer  (2017-03-10 07:54:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So I don't think any of them are in the same pool as First Round draft pick QBs.

The team that gets Romo will be signaling they're not going to draft a QB high - none of these moves signal that.

Nonsense
by HTownND  (2017-03-10 14:54:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is no way the Bears are paying Glennon 19 mil guaranteed next year, and signed him to a 3 year deal, to then turn around and take a QB at the top of the the first round (I guess they could trade back in).

The Bears are stupid and have done stupid shit in the past, but they aren't that stupid. It would be unprecedented for them to take a QB with their current first round pick.

I'll have to dig up the post, but I think people overestimate how many first round QBs are actually taken. It's not the primary focus of teams in round 1, and the number is based on teams that need a first round QB. The Bears no longer need a first round QB in this draft.

The Browns probably will take a QB if they trade/release Oseweiler (they also just cut RGIII). But I'd be amazed if they bypass Garrett and others and take a QB at #1 overall.

My Texans need a QB
by JayInTx  (2017-03-10 00:49:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With Brock now gone, the QBs on the roster are an oft injured Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden. The Texans will clearly be players in QB FA and I'd be surprised at this point if they don't sign either Romo or Cutler.

Everything still points to a first round QB even if they sign one of the two. I think the most likely available QBs when they draft at 25 are Patrick Mahomes and Kizer. Both need time to develop and with a few years behind a vet it might be Kizer's best hope destination. I'll tell you Texan fans would be thrilled to open 2017 with Romo-Savage-Kizer, seeing a competent group finally under center and hope for the future.

They have bigger needs than a backup/future QB at that pick
by HTownND  (2017-03-10 14:59:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But if they don't get Romo, the will absolutely be taking a QB there.

It's pretty fascinating stuff, but it was interesting to see how all the moves changed a bunch of mock drafts.

I think at this point, Kizer's best bet for being picked in Round 1 is the Cardinals. I'm skeptical they take a QB to sit behind Palmer, especially given the players they lost on defense in FA, but there seems to be some smoke there.

If the Texans don't get Romo, I think Kizer is a lock for round 1, because that would be 3 teams having to draft a QB in round 1 (Cleveland, the J...E...T...S, Jets, Jets, Jets, and Houston, although the Jets could always do something crazy, never put that past them, ever).

I don't think they'll aquire Romo in some fashion and draft a QB in round 1.

Disagree
by JayInTx  (2017-03-10 16:17:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember reading in recent days that David Carr is the only QB the Texans have ever drafted using a top 64 pick. It's not doubt one major factor why they keep going in this circle, just like if ND kept going after 3 stars that become AA's. It may happen but the odds are stacked against the likelihood.

It's time for the team to find a guy that can be groomed to be "the guy" in the coming years. No matter which QB they get in free agency, he's at best a one or two year option so this also gives them a chance to draft a guy and not rush him under center like they did with Carr.

Granted, they could use more help at CB and will clearly need to focus on the OL in the draft, but there are many more quality OL in this draft than QB.

There's another QB on the move. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-03-09 19:54:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll really miss his leadership. *
by RocketShark  (2017-03-09 21:11:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's some buzz that the Browns don't intend to keep
by vankelly  (2017-03-09 17:23:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Osweiler.

The Browns trade is about meeting the salary cap
by steelhop  (2017-03-09 17:54:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Floor. My guess is they eat a huge portion of his contract to tradr him allowing them to get above the floor. Heck, they are so below the floor they could just keep him.

I think it is about getting draft picks.
by Father Nieuwland  (2017-03-09 19:04:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They do have the salary cap room, but they could easily overpay for players they actually want to get to the four-year floor average.

Sam Hinkie knows it's about both. *
by Irish Tool  (2017-03-09 20:00:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would change things
by HTownND  (2017-03-09 17:30:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And put that second first round pick back in play for picking a QB.

Kizer to SF in 2nd round.
by DCDave  (2017-03-09 17:02:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why do you think Cleveland won't take a QB in the 1st round?

I will hit something very hard if the Browns draft DeShone. *
by 1NDGal  (2017-03-09 17:17:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Osweiler to the Browns? I'm sure that will work out well.
by JACC1203  (2017-03-09 16:51:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can add Buffalo to your list of teams that were expecting to take a QB early in the draft but have made a different move (by keeping Taylor)

While I hope Kizer can still be drafted in the 1st round, it might be pretty difficult as many "experts" felt Cleveland would use their 2nd 1st round choice on him.

On the bright side DeShone doesn't have to play for Cleveland.

Edit- after posting this I just saw how much Chicago gave Mike Glennon: 3 years/ $45MM ($19MM guaranteed)!?

Are they out of their minds?

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.