Ryan Harris has announced his retirement.
by G.K.Chesterton (2017-03-03 21:34:38)
Edited on 2017-03-03 21:37:03
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

At least he has a Super Bowl ring. How many other Willingham recruits are still out there?

His goal prior to going to ND was to become President...
by Hickster  (2017-03-04 19:56:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

one day.

I believe he is a Muslim....felt very comfortable at ND and was well integrated into the South Bend Muslim community.

I'd like to see him go back to Minnesota and get involved in politics. It would be nice to see if Alan Page could take him under his wing and mentor him in Minnesota politics. Minnesota has traditionally been a progressive state, which would seem to be a good environment for Ryan Harris to feel welcomed, based upon today's varied attitudes.

Remember Rep. Ellison
by D8NDomer  (2017-03-05 07:26:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is from MN & Muslim. I expect a connection there. God bless him!

Why would he debase himself? *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2017-03-04 23:21:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

last thing we need right now is good people in public office *
by Melanzana  (2017-03-06 18:40:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

agree - the heck with minnesota! *
by cujaysfan  (2017-03-05 14:39:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sullivan? Fasano? *
by HereComesTheSun  (2017-03-03 22:09:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

well, there's also Samardzija with the SF Giants :)
by olson  (2017-03-04 11:31:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"still out there"

As a lifelong SF Giant fan I am so happy to have him
by cj  (2017-03-05 22:31:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on the squad. I think (hope) Righetti is going to get him to another level this year. So much potential....I love the way he fit right into their team atmosphere. He and Pence are fun to watch when they are happily losing their collective minds....

I'll take "Great financial decisions" for $128M, Alex. *
by Jtb_nd01  (2017-03-04 15:45:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All other things being equal, ACB
by sprack  (2017-03-05 14:11:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always Choose Baseball.

ACB = Joe 'Ducky' Medwick
by olson  (2017-03-05 15:32:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rockne had HS HB sensation Joe Medwick, Carteret NJ all lined up to be a member of Rockne's 1930 ND Frosh recruiting class. Rock had even set up a job for the HS star.

Medwick, who claimed it was his dream to play football for Notre Dame, wanted to follow his old HS teammate Ron Armour (ND Frosh '28) to South Bend.

But 'Ducky' Medwick went for the money & signed a contract with the St Louis Cardinals (ACB) instead of reporting to ND- on his way to a triple crown & MLB HOF career

He was apparently quite the character
by njirish04  (2017-03-05 21:18:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After his playing career, he had an audience with Pope Pius XII. When asked what he did for a living, he allegedly said "Your holiness, I too was once a Cardinal."

Anyone with the nickname "Ducky-wucky" usually is
by sprack  (2017-03-07 14:43:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But that was a team of characters, the "Gashouse Gang" also featuring the likes of Dizzy Dean and Pepper Martin.

See below for an entertaining write up on Medwick in the 7th game of the 1934 World Series.

Specifically, $127,675,000. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-03-04 23:12:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to believe he is already in his 11th year
by trout  (2017-03-06 05:25:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems just like yesterday I remember Quinn hitting him for the last send TD to beat UCLA.

Great site, thanks. *
by D8NDomer  (2017-03-05 07:30:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.