Jameis being Jameis.
by SWPaDem (2017-02-25 09:12:18)
Edited on 2017-02-25 10:00:47
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

What's rather amazing is that someone at Melrose Elementary School in St. Petersburg, Florida thought this would be a good idea.

What started as a good deed by Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston ended in a nightmare after his “poor word choice” seemingly promoted gender stereotypes at an elementary school on Wednesday. The third-year quarterback talked to third- through fifth-graders at Melrose Elementary in St. Petersburg, Fla., about believing in yourself in what was supposed to be a heartfelt speech. But when a group of boys weren’t paying attention, Winston called them out, telling them to stand up, while telling the female students to remain seated, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

“All my young boys, stand up. The ladies, sit down,” Winston said. “But all my boys, stand up. We strong, right? We strong! We strong, right? All my boys, tell me one time: I can do anything I put my mind to. Now a lot of boys aren’t supposed to be soft-spoken. You know what I’m saying? One day y’all are going to have a very deep voice like this. One day, you’ll have a very, very deep voice.

“But the ladies, they’re supposed to be silent, polite, gentle. My men, my men [are] supposed to be strong. I want y’all to tell me what the third rule of life is: I can do anything I put my mind to. Scream it!”

F' em *
by Nitschke  (2017-03-01 12:29:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nevertheless, he persisted. *
by tdiddy07  (2017-02-28 17:10:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"I don't wanna sit still, look pretty" *
by jrdjr84  (2017-02-28 16:17:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Crab legs for everyone
by IrishRed  (2017-02-26 11:57:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope they didn't invite him to the cafeteria. He would give everyone a lesson in sex education.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.