Ed Warriner is now the OL coach for Minnesota
by BuckeyeJohn05 (2017-01-10 16:44:08)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

He seems to be a great OL coach. Not sure why Urban let him get away.

I think Fleck is going to do pretty well up there. *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-01-10 17:55:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Me too *
by combodraw  (2017-01-11 16:57:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does he have an out in his contract if Notre Dame
by IM4NDRU  (2017-01-10 21:41:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

comes calling?

They don't really need out clauses any more..
by TWO  (2017-01-12 11:19:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it seems that no matter what the contract says they just move on to the next better paying, better school when offered. I doubt Minn has some poison pill buyout in his contract, like what Houston wanted Kiffin to sign, so it'll likely cost him to move to a bigger better job. But usually that is mitigated by the increase in salary or the new school paying his buyout.

1) If another Minnesota AD agreed to that the fans would
by cujays96  (2017-01-11 08:51:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

burn him at the stake.
2) Why don't we wait a bit to see what Fleck does what he has to play decent competition more often than not?

Dabo of the North
by LeLuni  (2017-01-10 21:17:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A master motivator and tireless recruiter. A former receiver and never a coordinator.

I also expect big things, and I'm glad to see him stay in the midwest.

"Like getting Picasso to paint our garage"
by BuckeyeJohn05  (2017-01-10 18:44:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was a Minnesota's fan reaction to hiring Ed. He is right IMO . He is an execellent OL coach.

I wonder if he and Urban had a big falling out.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.