Saban's big mistake last night.
by eriendfan (2017-01-10 13:13:45)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Was not getting into the Ref's head about pick plays. And trusting his man on man defense.

Jimbo Fisher was so strategic to get into the ref's head during that Notre Dame game. That was wicked smart. And it payed off in spades.

'Bama should have played zone. Coaching error. *
by Reagan  (2017-01-10 15:42:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How many teams play zone with a snap from the five? *
by vitadulcedospes  (2017-01-12 15:58:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know they lost and Kiffin won
by nyirish08  (2017-01-10 14:20:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I liked the playcalling style with Sark more than Kiffin.

Aside from final drive, Sark's playcalling
by JERSEY_DOMER  (2017-01-12 11:54:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was terrible. No mid range throws, it was either long bombs or unimaginative runs. If Kiffin is calling plays, I think Bama wins going away because Clemson doesn't run 100 plays. I think he makes better calls resulting in sustained drives. Too many short drives for Bama with quite a few 3 and outs. We'll never know, though. F Saban!

That game was begging to be put on ice by Alabama
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-01-10 13:46:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They went 3 and out at least 4 times in the 3rd and 4th quarter to give Clemson the sliver of hope they needed. If Scarborough didn't get hurt, the outcome would've been different, in my opinion.

Saban went ballistic on the refs after the first TD
by Flanner_11B  (2017-01-10 13:16:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also was irate with the refs about the back shoulder throws.

They just seemed to ignore him.

Yep, you could see him yelling "that was a pick play"
by ndark  (2017-01-10 14:32:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at the refs after the first TD.

It was a Big 12 crew
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-01-10 13:28:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The only refs who will really care about making a call like that are refs from your own conference when you're playing an OOC opponent.

Another argument for a centralized ref corps.
by wbroder1  (2017-01-10 17:06:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Having conference refs will always give the appearance of favoritism, and spawn actual favoritism.

It also allows for differing interpretations of the rules from conference to conference. "That's just not called in the Big 12". It becomes particularly apparent on judgement calls. Huge disadvantage in OOC games. And for the independents, well "f*ck them". I'd love to see a breakdown of the number of pick plays and targeting called from conference to conference and Referee crew to Referee crew. If the ACC and Big 12 don't call the pick penalty (except against ND), and the SEC throws flags, one could understand why Clemson expects to get away with it and Alabama expects it to be called.

Part of film study should now become the referee's tendencies.

That and the targeting. The Big 12 commissioner didn't think
by 1978Irish  (2017-01-10 14:48:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the Texas hit on Hunter was targeting. There is no reason to think these refs would find any hit to be targeting.

Don't forget Roughing the Snapper
by LateNiteNaugles  (2017-01-10 16:29:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Speaking of things that sound dirty but aren't....

I've seen that penalty called maybe 4 times in all my years of watching football, and 3 times it's been against ND.

I saw an Alabama defender launch and hit with the crown
by IrishWarrior  (2017-01-10 16:12:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of his helmet. They replayed it several times, not only was it not called, the Herbstreit and Fowler said absolutely nothing about it. If the NCAA wants to do something about head injuries (personally, I don't think they do) all helmet to helmet should be illegal. No bs about "defenseless player" "launching" "crown of the helmet", but flat out, any helmet to helmet contact should be illegal, plain and simple, problem solved.

Remove the face mask. Problem solved. *
by cheer4nd  (2017-01-11 16:35:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And any ref in the country if presented with
by 01momanor  (2017-01-10 14:06:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a chance to fuck Notre Dame.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.