CPA continuing ed question
by thesixthgreatlake (2016-05-09 16:12:46)

I am mulling over an opportunity to leave public accounting (decade with a big firm) and go over to private. For those who have done so, what is the best route for maintaining a license? I assume the AICPA has seminars or the big firms. Is the cost worth the hassle and the benefit of "staying up"?

I think it makes sense to do barring it being wildly expensive. This is a new world for me as my firm always had ample in-house CPE.

Some universities might have a program
by burghdomer  (2016-12-04 20:29:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know in PA, state penn (I know, I know) has a program that meets all Pa state requirements and is $300 a year, which is very reasonable IMO.

I negotiated it during hiring.
by Stonebreaker9  (2016-05-26 10:16:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That the bank would pay for CPE if they wanted me to keep my license current. I take cheap applicable self-study CPE to the max and attend industry specific offerings by the AICPA and PICPA.