Looking for a Consumer Product marketing position in NYC
by nd_borys (click here to email the poster) (2014-01-28 10:24:40)

I would appreciate any help or connections you all can offer.

I studied graphic design at Notre Dame and upon graduating, moved to New York where I was hired by a boutique employee assistance company as their in house graphic designer. I quickly learned that I was at my best developing the strategy and ideas behind our marketing pieces. Because our marketing department was small (it was myself and a director, until we hired a junior designer), it allowed me to take on many different roles. Due to an entrepreneurial spirit, when the position did not allow for growth, I instead grew my position outward, further into the strategy and marketing side, away from the graphic design side.

At that point, I decided that I wanted to further my education in marketing and enrolled at NYU Stern to get my MBA in Marketing and Strategy. I attended classes in the evenings and on weekends, while still working at my job. Eventually, I decided that I had taken my job there as far as it could take me and was hired by one of the Big Four accounting firms, working in financial services marketing.

I have been here for two years, and have thrived, receiving excellent reviews and garnering major responsibilities throughout the firm. And while this is a great place to work and I enjoy my job, now that my MBA is completed, I would like to focus my career on a long term plan and transition to consumer product marketing.

While I enjoy marketing financial products in a B2B space, I would relish the opportunity to move to a B2C company. If you know of anyone hiring in this space in or commutable from New York City, I would be grateful. My email is linked above.

Thanks.