One small ray of hope
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2024-03-18 11:13:15)

In reply to: This was my worst case scenario.  posted by usaf_irish

Stifflers teams have a history of going on late season runs. That said, since you're likely not winning the ACC tourney, any late season run is soon going to be too little, too late to reach the NCAAs, which is the only point to playing the season.

To have any hope, you better run the table in weeknight games.

0-6 in the conference was unthinkable to me, because I don't remember it happening before.

Yes, but….
by usaf_irish  (2024-03-18 17:32:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prior to the season he was talking about knowing what went wrong last season and being able to start this season off on a better note.

That hasn’t happened. And with Miami coming into town this weekend with their 4-2 conference record it isn’t getting any easier. It’ll be the end of April until we see some easier series.

My hope for this season is quickly fading.

Rpi
by NDDN  (2024-03-18 21:09:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Irish somehow have an RPI rank of 11. Doubt they’ll win enough games for it to matter but could help if they do.

They can’t suffer any more sweeps.
by usaf_irish  (2024-03-19 08:49:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

0-6 is a deep dark hole in the ACC. They’re going to have to start winning some series and soon. And the series they don’t win, they need to take at least 1 game.