I don't think that argument
by chicos bail bonds (2017-05-31 21:21:08)

In reply to: softball and baseball are really warm weather sports  posted by dbcsmith

holds water anymore across the board. These sports certainly have a majority of teams competing at high levels from the west and south; however, we are beginning to see big ten teams make a dent. I don't believe the excuse holds in regards to the weather. The Minnesota softball team won 55 games I believe and took Alabama to the wire in two NCAA tournament games.

Agree. Michigan softball won a NC & is a perennial power. *
by hibernianangst  (2017-05-31 22:19:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah but Michigan is the only cold weather program to do so
by mikeybates  (2017-05-31 23:57:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All time, 9/70 CWS and 1/35 CWWS winners are from "cold weather" schools. It is a major disadvantage.

So did Washington. And Oklahoma ain't South Bend weather
by FL_Irish  (2017-05-31 22:54:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...wise. But nor is it South Beach.

Nebraska has also been to 8 Women's College World Series. *
by hibernianangst  (2017-06-01 09:21:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Missouri has also been to 6 Women's College World Series. *
by hibernianangst  (2017-06-01 09:31:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

DePaul has also been to 4 Women's College World Series. *
by hibernianangst  (2017-06-01 09:34:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Northwestern has also been to 5 Women's College World Series *
by hibernianangst  (2017-06-01 09:36:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Iowa has also been to 4 Women's College World Series. *
by hibernianangst  (2017-06-01 09:53:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post