So I take it ND wins the tiebreakers over Pitt and VT? *
by ShermanOaksND (2017-05-19 23:53:48)

In reply to: ND Baseball twitter celebrating the "clinch"  posted by ndgotrobbedin97

This user did not provide content for this post

Must be....too disgusted to look right now *
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-05-19 23:56:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think I've figured it out, if anyone cares at this point
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-05-20 00:33:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We'd win 2-way tiebreakers over both Pitt and VT, as well as the 3-way tiebreaker. The keys were winning series over Pitt and NC State.

Non-Divisional Opponents

Two-Team Tie

(1) Head-to-head conference competition between the tied teams.

ND wins this tiebreaker against Pitt, 2-1.

(2) Head-to-head competition of the tied teams compared to common opponents with the highest overall conference winning percentage and continuing until one team gains an advantage.

ND wins this tiebreaker against Virginia Tech. The highest-ranked common opponent is Virginia; both lost 2 out of 3. The next 2 are Clemson and NC State. Both were swept by Clemson. VT was swept by NC State, but ND won 2 out of 3 to win this tiebreaker.

Three-or-More-Team Tie

(1) Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams (if common opponents).

(2) Head-to-head competition of the tied teams compared to common opponents with the highest overall conference winning percentage and continuing until one team gains an advantage.

Pitt was swept by both UVa and NC State, and didn't play Clemson. So ND wins this tiebreaker over both Pitt and VT, by virtue of the 2 wins over NC State.

Fun fact: BC would lose tiebreakers against both VT (who swept BC) and Pitt (who has 1 win over UNC while BC was swept).

Fun fact?--maybe that's why Aoki lost to BC to get his old
by Domerduck  (2017-05-20 01:17:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

team in the playoff, knowing ND had the tie breakers on the other two and BC didn't.

It would be fun to end BC's season, but I have my doubts
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-05-20 15:53:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that this will happen. We blew a 7-3 lead today and are now tied 7-7 in the 7th.

Just noticed that, and BC now up 8-7. Aoki needs to go *
by Domerduck  (2017-05-20 16:18:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post