Truly a lesson in how to schedule a winning season record
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2017-05-13 08:27:18)
Edited on 2017-05-13 08:43:54

In reply to: Cupcake Update: ND rallies to beat Austin Peay, 5-2 *  posted by ShermanOaksND

Think of how much work it was to put this list of cupcakes up on the board. You go 1-14 in the ACC against the top teams, and you start out losing even to the cupcakes you scheduled in February/March to go 2-12 out of the gate, yet somehow, someway you still have enough cupcakes left to even out (or even a couple better) the ledger. That is truly a scheduling effort worth celebrating.

And celebrate we should, because many teams----like the Lafayette Leopards were not able to say this. Try as they might, they didn't find nearly enough cupcakes to come close to the .500 mark, finishing with a less than stellar 8-44 season record. There was only one real moment of glory for them this season, though I can't recall all the details of that.

The optimist in me wants to think this was just Aoki, and not Savvy. The optimist wants to believe that Jack won't be stupid (again) this off-season, fooled by an overall record a couple above .500 but .067 and hapless against the better teams in the ACC. The optimist in me wants to believe that the savvy one will ask his wife if he can borrow his nuts just for a few days to hire a proven winner---and that doesn't mean at the community college level.

Of course, the realist in me understands this is 2017 and "This is Notre Dame". So, none of that will happen.

Replies: