'17 softball pitcher commit Holloway tosses perfect game... (link)
by 2Domer (2016-05-31 19:32:49)
Edited on 2016-05-31 19:34:49

Do you know if she has a history
by 65domer  (2016-05-31 22:03:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of pitching that well?

Yes, apparently she does...
by 2Domer  (2016-05-31 23:50:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Based only on what I have read (because I have never seen her pitch and am not qualified to evaluate even if I did), she is a top level pitcher. It sounds like she is not really a "power" pitcher, but is very good at mixing speeds, pitching to locations, and has good breaking pitches, especially a "drop" pitch. She reportedly also has command of the mound (but in softball I guess it is called a "patch"), and is very confident. I don't know if these attributes translate into equal success in college, but reportedly she is a highly regarded recruit. She happens to pitch on the same team as another excellent pitcher named Miranda Elish, who has accepted a scholarship to Oregon. But Holloway and Elish have very similar records and stats, including strikeout totals and ERAs, even though Elish is in the class ahead of her.