As to women's lacrosse and soccer
by Nigeltufnel (2016-05-22 17:27:26)

In reply to: Swarbrick's hiring record isn't all that great  posted by MNG

I would suggest some restraint may be in order. Not that I expect my words to change your view on the issue. Those games are changing at light speed and it is hard to assess any coach without a full and informed review of a material body of work (which I know to be against your nature). I'm not sure any coach has been spared by you over the years (Jackson, Brey, McGraw etc.) . Specifically to address lacrosse and soccer:

In lax, Northwester the former leviathan of the sport was 11-10 this year and received an absolute beat down from ND in the NCAAs. Does that mean that Amato-Hiller just can't cut it anymore too? Is she a B-lister that needs to be ushered out too? Did she suddenly become a poor coach?

In soccer, Anson Dorrance (ever heard of him) has no better a record overall than does Romagnola comparing her time at ND to UNC's recent performance. Is he no longer cutting it too? Need to go? Too long in the tooth?

I’m not saying you will be proven wrong over time but I don’t think you can really draw your conclusions from the small sample size before you especially the way the landscape for these two games is changing.

Finally I will again ask who would you have hired for either of these positions? Your panacea for any and all disappointments is "fire the coach" but there never is any suggestion of who you would hire to replace the coach or what should be done differently.