And with the exception of the volleyball coach
by MNG (2016-05-22 12:35:51)
Edited on 2016-05-22 12:36:19

In reply to: And he has yet to fire a coach he hired  posted by ShermanOaksND

None of his other hires were A-listers. I think most were reaches, assuming ND's stated goal of being elite in all its sports is a serious proclamation and not just a bullshit throwaway line.

I think the difficulty hiring A-level coaches for...
by FL_Irish  (2016-05-22 16:45:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...non-A level programs is underestimated. Why exactly would an A-level coach want to leave his or her spot to take a step down in program? Other than women's soccer, is there a program he's hired for recently that could reasonably command an A-level coach?

I'd say inability to indentify emerging coaches who have the potential to develop into A-level coaches is the bigger concern relative to many of ND's programs.

Swarbrick deserves little credit for hiring McLaughlin
by Melanzana  (2016-05-22 13:38:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe credit for getting Debbie Brown to step aside but McLaughlin always wanted to come back to Notre Dame. That was all about Notre Dame.

Sadly true
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-05-22 12:44:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that includes the football coach.