I do. Dave Schrage wasn't canned because they didn't care
by Domer99 (2016-05-17 14:12:22)

In reply to: Do you think the ND athletic administration cares?  posted by hibernianangst

He was given 4 years and his contract wasn't renewed. Mik is in year 5. And outside last year's NCAA appearance, I wouldn't say his results are materially more impressive than Schrage's (although Schrage certainly had some mitigating conditions).

I do think the athletic department cares about the success of men's baseball, just like they did women's volleyball. Just like they did with women's lacrosse.

ND has had too much talent to continually be a .500 program (or just barely ahead of that).

And not sure if you've been following but ND women's softball finished 3rd in the ACC and lost in the Championship of the ACC tournament this season. And last year, ND finished 3rd in the regular season. It's hard to say what the athletic department's (or administration's) reaction to those performances indicate, but from my laymen's vantage point they aren't that far from competing at the highest level of the conference.

Replies: