I gotta say...
by ndzippy (2016-05-10 19:52:14)

In reply to: Very well (link)  posted by Domer99

...I don't hate what Kevin White did/said in his interview.

I mean, he was a pretty abysmal AD, and we're certainly better off without him, but all he really did was attempt to use any and all leverage at his disposal (all of which was clearly outlined in a contract) to keep an exceptional coach (perhaps our best ever) at Notre Dame. Doesn't he deserve some credit for that?

Shouldn't our leaders do everything they possibly can to identify, attract and maintain top-tier talent at the university?

Too bad he was hard nosed with Mainieri instead of Weis.
by MobileIrish  (2016-05-11 20:23:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

White negotiated contracts to keep or hire Davie, Willingham, and Weis. Really good work there.

Let's just say...
by Domer99  (2016-05-10 20:17:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...that Manieri wasn't looking to leave, even for LSU. ND created the circumstances that ultimately presented themselves.

And it's easy for White to be diplomatic after the fact. White is presenting his varnished side of the story. Manieri was leaving regardless of White's attempts to play hardball. ND would've done better to appreciate his contributions. I don't think White grasped this concept.

But let's just say that ND could have avoided Manieri's departure, and I am not referring to this particular buyout situation.

Manieri contributed more to ND than White ever did.
by OITLinebacker  (2016-05-13 09:04:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And they gave White an honorary Monogram and sent him happily on his way to Duke. They should have shitcanned that SOB and sued him for his entire back salary and all of the buyouts he cost the University.