In a wild one, Irish beat BC 11-9. *
by 2Domer (2016-04-17 16:53:26)

This user did not provide content for this post

ND came back from being down 9-4 *
by TerryD  (2016-04-17 17:10:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND has gone 13-2 in last 15 games; now 21-12, 9-7 in ACC *
by TerryD  (2016-04-17 17:12:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So nice to see baseball relevant again
by MiddleAmerican  (2016-04-17 21:41:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats to the players and Coach Aoki. When Pat Murphy left, I thought ND was cooked. Who is this Manieri guy? Then I got spoiled. A CWS for a northern school? I'll expect it. Now, I enjoy the fight in the Fightin' Irish

The last two years have been refreshing.
by MackerelSnappingAnarchist  (2016-04-17 23:38:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Going into last year Aoki was still a major question mark.

Most refreshing observation on the weekend:
by OITLinebacker  (2016-04-18 08:38:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Few(er) errors on the field and base paths. I finally was able to get the stars to align with the kids sports schedules to catch Friday and Saturday's games. I generally try to make 4-8 home games a year or more if I can. I was really impressed with the improvement in defense. It helps that the players are physically better athletes (at least they look that way), but also mentally they looked a lot sharper.

It was so very frustrating to watch a few years back when there were so many little league sort of errors going on out there. This team is not only making the plays they are supposed to, but they're also making some outstanding plays because they're just good defenders.

Sounds like we've improved during the season on those fronts
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-04-18 12:56:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We lost plenty of early games to fairly middling opposition, and it sounds like we were making a lot of mental mistakes. That would be a very good sign if those things are being corrected.

Yep, ND started 8-10, with losses to Bradley, Bucknell.....
by TerryD  (2016-04-18 18:20:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

.. two to Santa Clara.

ND also struggled in one run wins against Gonzaga, Brown and Niagara.

The team has improved and new guys have stepped up.

The next step is a big one. We need to take a game or 2
by Cbo86  (2016-04-18 19:03:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In series vs big name opponents. FSU, LSU, and. NC.

It would've been interesting to see what would've happened
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-04-19 15:52:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if we'd played three against Miami rather than the single game we lost 10-2. That's one of only two losses in our last 13 games.

This is a big week for us, starting today at Michigan State (it's 0-0 in the 5th).