This off season I will miss the insight shared on Jake's
by cbo86 (2015-06-01 15:19:13)
Edited on 2015-06-01 16:54:14

In reply to: Most fun since 2006  posted by TerryD

Field as it has been way too long since there has been such interest in the program. Let's hope the team's improvement and our discussion continues next season. I think a lot of us here are former and even current players that love talking the game of baseball.

I wasn't here as much as thought I'd be
by wearendhockey  (2015-06-01 18:30:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This was a decent team to follow. They played the game smart but too often lacked punch. Some obvious places to improve for next season, but hopefully they are moving in the right direction. Good season by a team that probably wasn't quite ready to really contend for a deep NCAA run.

Here's my effort to keep the interest up: New commitment...
by 2Domer  (2015-06-01 16:41:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In 2016 class: Andrew Yerzy, 6'3", 210 pound catcher on the Canadian Junior National Team. Apparently he hits with power. Here's a link with some info and a couple of videos. I've only read a little bit on this guy, just now, but some folks think he is a stud. He's a new addtion to the freshman class of 2016 (not next year, but the year after).

In next year's class, we have a couple of power hitters coming in. One, Matt Vierling, also owns a 94 mph fastball, apparently, so maybe he will end up on the mound instead. Eric Feliz won a home run derby contest with the longest home run of the tourney (450 feet or something like that).

Let's get a couple of our pitchers back next year, and start hitting with more consistency. Too many Ks this year. (Watch the ball hit the darn bat.) We can get a lot better, so let's do it.

Thanks, 2D. *
by cbo86  (2015-06-02 07:37:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post