Wow, Nick McCarty missed first base with 2 down in the 9th
by TerryD (2013-03-03 13:14:55)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Jake's Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Opened up ND for two hits by fairly weak hitters. Rhode Island leads by one in the top of the ninth (1-9 Rhode Island).

That was ND's FIFTH error of the game.

RI probably better than record
by NDDN  (2013-03-03 14:03:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just guessing Rhode Island is better than their record indicates, especially if given 5 errors. All 9 losses against top 25 teams. FSU - 3, Mississippi - 3, Mississippi State - 2 and VaTech 1

Not a shabby schedule to start the year.

That one hurt (me, at least)
by TerryD  (2013-03-03 13:25:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was hoping for a sweep after beating Tennessee and Virginia Tech and then facing 1-9 Rhode Island.

Oh well, I guess that is baseball.

I agree but hard to win with 5 costly errors like that.
by MackerelSnappingAnarchist  (2013-03-03 13:40:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even against lowly competition.

That was a baseball to the groin but 5 Es is a boat load. *
by cbo86  (2013-03-03 14:51:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.