Are we really that much better or is Tulane bad? Thx *
by gatewood (2013-02-24 15:50:16)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Jake's Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I only know Tulane used to be good
by ShermanOaksND  (2013-02-24 15:54:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But they haven't made the NCAAs since 2008.

I'd need to do a little research but one positive for us is
by Cbo86  (2013-02-24 16:13:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They haven't been swept in non conference play since 1998. We have to be realistic but we have the makings of a solid northern baseball team and let's go from there.

Having done a little research, this is a very good sweep
by ShermanOaksND  (2013-02-24 16:42:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tulane has finished over .500 in each of the last 4 non-NCAA seasons, including 38-20 last year (14-10 in CUSA). This has to be one of ND's more impressive road trips since the Manieri era.

I'm impressed with what I have heard/read thus far. *
by 2Domer  (2013-02-24 16:59:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sweeping a Southern team at their place? Impressive. *
by TerryD  (2013-02-24 16:41:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by NH74Domer  (2013-02-25 12:34:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Turchin Stadium, Tulane's athletic offices and a portion of their athletic fields are all on what used to be Tulane Stadium, site of the '73 National Championship game.

Could the pitching mound be the exact spot where Robin Weber caught the pass from Clements?

It's great to see some commentary on ND baseball. Aoki
by cbo86  (2013-02-24 17:21:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

comes across as a old school baseball guy. TD, aren't you from Tulane area? If so, any special insight?

I certainly don't want to minimize sweep but I'd like to see/hear a few more weekends to get a better idea of how good we are. A lot of freshman are contributing, we've got some pop with Jagielo and Mancini, Slania looks like a real closer and bullpen looks promising. If our starters, weekend and weekday, are legitimate, I'm feeling fine.

ND is surely better than past years but Tulane is young and
by GDonovan  (2013-02-24 21:22:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not what they once were. See how Tulane does against Bama and ND with UCLA and USC in a few weeks.

Southern Cal will be the 3rd best team we play in LA
by ShermanOaksND  (2013-02-24 21:30:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

behind UCLA and Oklahoma.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.