Baseball is the only sport I'm worried about with the move
by Mickey (2012-09-12 15:47:40)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Jake's Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

ND will be severely tested every year going up against very good programs located in warm climates.

Weather wise, I think this is a great move
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2012-09-14 08:43:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not only do we get the benefit of playing in the south rather than in Pittsburgh, Cinci, NYC, etc. in the spring, but those teams have to travel to South Bend.

In short term it may be tough but in long term I like our
by cbo86  (2012-09-13 07:26:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

prospects. With a solid coach, decent history, nice facilities, successful recruiting which will hopefully include the eastern seaboard and of course the Notre Dame brand name we could make some hay.

I think it will help recruiting
by KLav18  (2012-09-13 02:52:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

look at the schedule now, then imagine what it will look like in 2016.
If you are a great player from a warm weather state, especially in the south, which schedule would you rather play?
I just hope they are allowed some academic flexibility to get the kids they need.

Are there great Northern kids we lose today to the South?
by btd  (2012-09-14 11:26:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It strikes me that the move to the ACC really helps us get those kids because they are still close to home, but play in warm weather a lot with ND.

I would welcome it
by IrishMace  (2012-09-12 18:06:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good players want to play with and against other good players. Being the tallest midget in a poor conference won't get ND any closer to the CWS. ND baseball, especially in its current state, will undoubtedly take its lumps as a new member of the ACC, but over time I believe playing in the ACC will be a net positive for recruiting. Look at the basketball program. It was a whipping boy upon joining the Big East, but being a member of the strongest basketball conference in the nation forced the program to improve and has helped recruiting.

I have plenty of other reservations about joining the ACC, but baseball isn't one of them.

I think hoops entering the BE is a good comparison. *
by SavageDragon  (2012-09-13 19:57:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was hoping for the Pac12
by 2Domer  (2012-09-12 17:29:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We hold the series lead against USC.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.