Big East Undefeated . . . For Now
by Turtle Creek (2012-06-02 08:59:19)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Jake's Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

2-0 in the first round of the tournament. Kyle Hansen pitched great for St. John's. I can't believe he has 5 losses, as every time we've seen him for 3 years, he has been fantastic.

And Louisville gutted out a win against New Mexico State in 100+ degree heat despite an average performance from Justin Amlung.

Mid Major darling conference Missouri Valley went 0-3 while the Big East charged out to 2-0! That being said, both St Johns and Louisville have tough matchups today against UNC and Arizona, respectively.

Big East defector Miami is two-and-out
by ShermanOaksND  (2012-06-02 18:17:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Eliminated today at home by Missouri State, 12-2, after losing yesterday to Stony Brook, 10-2. That might be the most disgraceful performance by a 1 seed in regional history.

Baylor was the only other 1 seed to lose its opener, to Oral Roberts, but they stayed alive today by eliminating UT Arlington.

St. John's sweeps through Chapel Hill Regional
by ShermanOaksND  (2012-06-03 23:37:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

after beating UNC twice. They will play the winner of the Tucson Regional, which will be either Louisville or Arizona. UL must win both tonight and tomorrow to advance, as Zona crushed them last night 16-4. Both SJU and UL were 3 seeds.

Also, Kent State was the surprise winner of the Gary Regional, eliminating Kentucky after UK had eliminated the host school, Purdue.

st john's used to make the college world series periodically
by dbcsmith  (2012-06-05 15:49:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they sucked up all the long island and north jersey talent and had great teams. Their pitching may be able to take them all the way this year.

St. John's has six CWS appearances.
by Magnitude  (2012-06-11 13:29:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1949, 1960, 1966, 1968, 1978, 1980

Wikipedia has a handy chart.

I'd thought their last CWS was more recent
by ShermanOaksND  (2012-06-12 11:49:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But then again, I'm old, so 30 years is almost recent for me.

I remember that
by ShermanOaksND  (2012-06-06 17:12:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A once-powerful program that tanked completely and then rose again. Sounds like a nice template for a certain Catholic university in Northern Indiana.

Nice job, Johnnies. *
by Cbo86  (2012-06-04 07:27:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alas, their reward is a trip to Tucson
by ShermanOaksND  (2012-06-04 10:50:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arizona murdered Louisville last night, 16-3, to win their own regional, after previously beating them 16-4 and Mizzou 15-3. To say the Cats are on a tear is an understatement.

Seems like yesterday we lost regionals to Cats in 2004. *
by Cbo86  (2012-06-04 21:37:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hear it's nice there this time of year as long as you are
by TWO  (2012-06-04 17:30:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a Gila monster.

I just spent a week in Tucson
by TerryD  (2012-06-10 11:40:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It wasn't too bad, about 105...

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.