Great couple of wins
by TerryD (2012-05-25 17:56:32)
Edited on 2012-05-25 17:56:54
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Jake's Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Those were two nice wins yesterday and today for the Irish. 31-26. That is eight more wins than each of the last two season win totals.

Can they stay alive tomorrow? They have to beat St. Johns twice to make the conference championship final on Sunday.

Connaughton to start tomorrow per Aoki. One pitch at a time. *
by hibernianangst  (2012-05-25 18:38:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would be big for him to pitch well tomorrow. *
by cbo86  (2012-05-25 20:50:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We owed the Hall for the horrible 3 game sweep earlier in
by Cbo86  (2012-05-25 18:03:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the season. St John's will be a test but we got some confidence the last two games.

Slania
by Turtle Creek  (2012-05-25 18:28:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any thoughts as to why Aoki didnt start the 9th with Slania - but then went to him with 2 outs in the 9th? The announcers mentioned that Slania got hit a bit by Seton Hall the last time he faced them. Could that have been it? I was nervous not to have the big closer on the mound when that 9th inning started.

I remember that game. They hit like consecutive triples
by cbo86  (2012-05-25 20:49:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

gainst him. Fitzpatrick is the steadying senior but I was surprised too. It worked though.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.