Does Orlando have good Uber?
by El Kabong (2017-07-17 18:47:33)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Spending a couple days with my dad in Naples this winter then meeting the Mrs. in Orlando for four days. We have two two-night stays I won in a silent auction, first at the Marriott Orlando World Center and second at the Renaissance Orlando @ Sea World.

Not sure of the specifics of schedule yet. A good ND friend of mine lives about 30 miles north, and that's definitely on the schedule. We've never been to Sea World and will be right next door. And although we're right next to Disney the first two nights, we're really not Disney people, although we may do a day at Universal. Outside of that, it's pools and naps.

What I'm wondering about is the car. I'll have it for the four days in Naples and the drive up, but after that, I'd like to ditch it as soon as possible. Are there good getting-around options that would make a car unneeded?

Yes, we entirely uber'd this March
by dulac89  (2017-07-19 02:06:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Disney, Universal, to and from the airport. No issues for 8 days.

We're not Magic Kingdom people, but Epcot is awesome. And instead of Sea World, to to Discovery Cove.

Epcot is finally getting some much needed improvements
by rflor  (2017-07-19 08:52:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ellen's Energy Adventure will be replaced by a Guardians of the Galaxy ride, and Disneyland Paris' Ratatouille ride is coming to the France pavilion.

depends
by smiley  (2017-07-18 13:52:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have stayed at World Center a lot. Parking is expensive--if you valet... and it gets so busy that even if you call ahead for your car--it can take a LONG time like--30 minutes. At check out--its terrible. You can self park, but it is a bit of a hike.

World Center has pools, which are nice... but if it is packed it can be really crowded. We have actually left the pool a few times because it will be so busy. They do have an adult pool I think--I'm trying to remember, since we always have the kids there.

We had good Uber there in June. *
by barrister  (2017-07-18 13:28:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The World Center Marriot has at least two water slides
by okerland  (2017-07-17 23:36:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would check to see if there is a conference at the hotel (there usually is) so you are prepared.

Uber isn't an issue. My last trip there I was picked up in an Escalade as the guy was trying to drum up business for his real driving gig.

Yes, provided you don't go to the distant 'burbs.
by Max Fischer  (2017-07-17 19:05:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reading your "30 miles north" comment might make me a little concerned. Maybe try the linked fare estimator? I'm not saying you can't do Uber, but I have never personally tried to get a lift from that far out of the city.

Near the attractions, the airport, downtown, and the suburbs around any of those, you are good.

I'd probably keep the car until after that trip *
by El Kabong  (2017-07-17 19:48:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.