Thoughts on Stranger Things on Netflix?
by cincysubdomer (2017-07-17 16:34:37)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I finished HoC then the 3 episodes of Sherlock, so I thought I'd try Stranger Things as it had received decent reviews. Started on Friday night with the first episode, which I thought was kinda weird, but I'd give it a shot. Watched two more on Saturday. Sunday I became so engrossed with it that I binged the last 5 episodes. I couldn't stop watching it. I did think, however, the ending was a bit strange. Season 2 is scheduled to be released in October.

I loved it. *
by raygun  (2017-07-18 10:36:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Liked it but agree the end was strange. *
by civil_engr05  (2017-07-18 08:21:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I enjoyed it a lot. *
by Revue Party  (2017-07-17 18:16:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm one of the few who disliked it.
by GailStanwyck  (2017-07-17 18:14:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't generally care for stories centered around kids, and these were annoying kids. I don't have 80s nostalgia. Winona Ryder was terrible. There were probably other things that caused me to bail after 2 episodes, but those were the main ones.

I agree...show dragged on too long
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2017-07-17 21:08:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In true 80s fashion it should have been a three-part miniseries. It was cute nostalgia though.

It's like our entire relationship has been one big lie. *
by Papa November  (2017-07-17 19:03:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm quicksilver, Papa. Quicksilver. *
by GailStanwyck  (2017-07-17 20:28:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is the only season of a series that I have finished
by Mark_It_Zero  (2017-07-17 17:38:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in recent years. I give shows a shot everyone once in a while, but I rarely watch entire seasons. I really enjoyed watching the first season of Stranger Things. It's totally my bag, baby. I do have some concerns over the long layoff for season 2, but I am looking forward to it.

I think I liked it because in 1983
by wildesilas  (2017-07-17 17:27:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was the same age as all of the kids in the show. It was like watching my childhood...except for the freakish girl with superpowers.

It is fantastic.
by NDBass  (2017-07-17 16:59:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The ending was strange, but I think it fits the series. I'm interested to see where season 2 goes.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.