from 1969's "English Rose" album, "Albatross."
by mkovac (2017-07-17 11:48:28)
Edited on 2017-07-17 14:08:08
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Hearkening back to purely instrumental songs from the 1950s and 1960s (mostly songs like "Topsy," "Stranger on the Shore," "Tequila," and a number of surf songs), this - in my opinion - is the loveliest of all.

Peter Green, from the original Fleetwood Mac makes this instrumental hauntingly lovely. It inspired a number of other hits.

I remember buying Fleetwood Mac's album "Engish Rose" because I wanted to hear the original "Black Magic Woman." It was a hard British blues group at the time. The last track on side two was "Albatross," and I found myself coming home to our off-campus house at ND and putting on a few albums, and usually endling by opening the windows and turning Albatross up loud. Polish working class kids and African American kids in the neighborhood would look up and smile and slow their pace as they walked by to the haunting melody wafting from our clapboard 1920s house on Pennsylvania Avenue that turned down and under the railcrossing on its way to dead end into Lincolnway West.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.