Anyone else see this article re: USC's med school dean?
by InspectorClouseau (2017-07-17 11:19:34)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

It's really something.

Steve Sample really knew how to pick 'em *
by fontoknow  (2017-07-17 13:51:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he's quite the degenerate
by vivaflanner  (2017-07-17 13:46:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rich, powerful and horny guy does drugs with prostitute and hangers one day, and butters up LA's moneyed elite the next. He's socially versatile!

Sounds like he was fairly successful in implementing the goals USC set out for him as dean.

Interesting, but since he's no longer dean, not sure I see that much news value in it beyond the salaciousness.

He's no longer dean, but doesn't the article reference him
by FL_Irish  (2017-07-17 13:52:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...still having an ongoing relationship with the school (seeing patients at clinics associated with the school)?

Also, I think it raises the question of what USC knew and when relative to his ultimate departure as dean. Did they look the other way not wanting to get rid of their rainmaker?

yes, seems like he still see patients there
by vivaflanner  (2017-07-17 15:17:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there arent any allegations of malpractice tho, just debauchery.

That said, you'd like for your MD to be of clear mind.

That dispute with U. of CA over the Alzheimer's research
by tahoedweller  (2017-07-17 13:18:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

will also get interesting. Puliafito's next deposition will be a donnybrook. If USC is smart, it files for a protective order on those topics. But if I'm the judge, I let them have at it. Whether drug use is relevant to credibility can be hashed out later. Regardless, I'd love to be a fly on the wall the next time the UC system's lawyers get him under oath.

I know that it's easy to laugh up our sleeves when it comes to USC, but in my mind there is just something about the culture that makes me question the place and the people. I've just seen too many grads of that place doing morally and ethically questionable things. One shouldn't paint with such a broad brush, and I'm sure there are fine upstanding people associated with that place, but the second I hear "USC" in someone's background, I'm on guard.

That's pretty shocking...I didn't know that Meth
by TWO  (2017-07-17 12:20:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

could be done "recreationally" I thought it was one of those drugs that once you did it, it basically ruined your life and teeth.

In this guy's case, I'd check his teeth
by sprack  (2017-07-17 13:13:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sounds like it was a lot more than "recreationally".

Partying with teenagers, eh. And he didn't see a problem with that? Sounds like the drugs affected a lot more than his teeth. Flippin' bizarre.

Most shocking that a doctor did not tell the paramedics
by 1978Irish  (2017-07-17 13:36:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what drugs the girl had taken. He should lose his license just for that.

I bet the story will be made into a movie. Wow! *
by otters92  (2017-07-17 11:37:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.