Cabins at Fort Wilderness?
by Bluntschli (2017-07-16 23:37:01)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I just booked a cabin due to size of group (six), but now that I'm reading more about it I'm a little concerned - it seems like the area is so large you actually have to take buses just to get to your area's pool/restaurant/etc. We've stayed at Port Orleans and it was a fair walk to do the same, but at least it didn't require a bus ride. I'm also now wondering if you have to take a Fort Wilderness bus, in order to get to another bus to get to the parks. Have I set myself up for a lot of BS?

at first glance, I thought Fort Wildnerness was some sort
by vivaflanner  (2017-07-17 15:53:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

outdoor experience in Yellowstone or the like. I thought, "wow, these national parks are getting crowded", and whats with the pools?

Somehow I have remained Disney-free even with two kids.

Riding buses to go to a pool/restaurant doesnt sound like much fun.

If you can pick your cabin, it might be ok
by keenan99  (2017-07-17 09:29:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We stayed there two years ago and we really liked the cabins (there were 5 of us). There are buses that run multiple routes on the property that take you from one end (where the buses to the other parks are) to the other (where the restaurants and the ferry to Magic Kingdom are). We were able to choose a cabin that was walking distance to the area where the bus stop for the other parks was and that made a huge difference. If you are able to do that, then I would recommend staying there.

if you are changing tack
by buffaloirish  (2017-07-17 09:22:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We stayed at Art of Animation, and we got a suite room. It had one bedroom (with a king bed), a pull out couch that slept two, and a murphy bed that also slept two children. We had two adults, and four kids, ages 11, 9, 7, and 5.

Probably would be VERY cramped if you are talking about all adults, though.

Also Avoid...
by subalumt  (2017-07-17 08:22:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... Old Key West and even to some extent Saratoga Springs if you are worried about having to take a bus from your villa / room to the pools, restaurants, etc.

We had no issues at Saratoga Springs
by elcortez01  (2017-07-17 09:58:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In fact I was pleasantly surprised as that was one of my concerns. It did take a bit of effort to determine the best stop/schedule and some willingness to hoof it a bit.

We were originally booked in the treehouse suite portion of Saratoga and ended up switching when we found out it was a secondary bus ride away, which I think it what Bluntschli may be encountering.

They now charge more points to stay closer...
by subalumt  (2017-07-17 12:08:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... to Disney Springs if you are a DVC member; Mrs. SubalumT and I are staying there for a few days in the fall in the 'regular' number of points areas so I'm prepared to hoof it (good exercise if the body is willing).

Look out for Benjamin Martin *
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-07-17 07:49:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well done *
by Rocket7  (2017-07-17 11:40:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hoary nights, lonely men, warm cabins *
by Frank Drebin  (2017-07-17 07:34:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. I'd try to find another option.
by Steelhop  (2017-07-17 07:32:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We stayed in the cabins for the same reason there were 7 of us. It isn't so much the bus rides because in Disney you take buses to everything but you need to take a bus to your cabin. That means you could sit and wait for 15-20 minutes because you missed the bus back to your cabin. As far as I know, all the other locations where simply a bus to the hotel.

No idea, but if talking Disney, yes, yes, yes, *
by Inigomontoya  (2017-07-17 07:03:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.