Next guy to use the term "narrative"
by Chuck84 (2017-03-20 13:45:43)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

gets kicked right in the f*cking nuts.

Understand?

With all due respect
by fletch  (2017-03-20 20:54:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at the end of the day, it's not rocket science, people.

That's really a "fluid" situation! *
by DomerJon  (2017-03-20 19:10:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ivan found Boris half-dead on the ice floe
by mkovac  (2017-03-20 18:32:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Their whaling ship was a dot in the distance. The sky had turned, becoming yet another Arctic night. The Northern Lights started their yellow,rose, and green dance.

Boris's face was bloody, his right ear partially torn. But Ivan, who had been thrown up onto the ice floe with him when the Sperm Whale's tail had flattened their harpoon boat, came to consciousness and saw Boris trying to say something. They both could see the whaling ship approaching. Rescue.

Ivan could barely hear Boris's whispering. Ice droplets formed on the fur coat surrounding Boris's greasy face, a greasy bloodstain crossing his appearance, cuts slashed across his face, from his right forehead and ear, a double gash across his right cheek; his nose streaming blood; his jaw bone white against his weatherbeaten Kamchatka face - the face of a whaler.

"Wha? Boris, Wha? Wha are you saying?"

Boris looked over to Ivan, whispering with force, "Nar! Narrr. NARRR!"

Ivan, cold and wet and barely conscious himself fell to the ice and nearly passed out. He heard Boris through a thin consciousness and he began to drift into lassitude and sleep. "Nar! Nar! NARRRR!"

Ivan raised his head just in time to see a huge polar bear round the piece of ice that Boris was resting against. Ivan saw blood pooling at the feet of the polar bear and below Boris's head. It was coming in for the final strike.

Ivan saw Boris summon his final words, "Nar! Nar! NAR NAR NAR!" And, from a hole in the ice a ghostly white form with a curled horn shot forth, its massive horn impaling the polar bear up through the throat and through its head. The polar bear reared back, but it was too late, the beast had dealt it a death blow.

Boris screamed in victory, "NARWAL"

It's a sea change. *
by Walsh69  (2017-03-20 18:06:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Narrative" is so yesterday. Now it's all about the "optics" *
by 1NDGal  (2017-03-20 16:14:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does this apply on a "day-to-day" basis? *
by irishintheville  (2017-03-20 16:10:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You should noodle on that with your team. *
by URwhatUR  (2017-03-20 15:52:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a paradigm shift and at the end of the day a new meme
by irishguard78  (2017-03-20 16:00:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

will be created.....fuck all those terms

This belongs on Twitter *
by bmef  (2017-03-20 15:37:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hey, it is what it is.... *
by ColoNDFan  (2017-03-20 15:27:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's obvious how you're trying to frame this issue *
by SEE  (2017-03-20 15:11:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The optics don't look good. *
by rick  (2017-03-20 15:13:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lighten up, Francis *
by Nitschke  (2017-03-20 14:56:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

'Any of you homos call me Francis....I kill ya' *
by PabloFanque  (2017-03-20 17:42:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You serious, Clark? *
by Mark_It_Zero  (2017-03-20 14:57:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't be an ask. *
by Jess  (2017-03-20 15:06:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Without a narrative what will guide you on the journey? *
by IAND75  (2017-03-20 14:54:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I disagree.
by bizdomer09  (2017-03-20 14:31:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean, I guess I can't disagree with your assertion that he who uses the term shall be kicked in the nuts, if you can make that happen. But I do disagree with the sentiment behind your plan. It's a useful term, including as just used by Taxman in The Pit, which I knew would get the standard ndnation response. Sure, it's overused on ESPN and among sports talking heads, allowing it to be lumped into the despised ESPioNics family. But the anti-"narrative" reflex has now officially gotten more tired here than the term itself.

Narrative is an interpretation of a series of events, often designed to suit the point of view or desires of one expressing it, intended to show that such events fit into some linear and meaningfully connected progression, whether they actually do or not. "Story line" maybe comes closest, but lacks the connotation of "spin" associated with narrative.

Okay, I'll take my F now. yummy.

It's a word. It means something. *
by rockmcd  (2017-03-20 16:16:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Respect their humanity! *
by 206er  (2017-03-20 14:29:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heed this man, he's a Sicilian *
by sprack  (2017-03-20 14:18:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't the Chinese build a wall to keep them out? *
by Slotts  (2017-03-20 14:20:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're thinking of Methodists *
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-03-20 14:33:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Never go in against a Methodist Sicilian
by sprack  (2017-03-20 14:35:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when death is on the line.

I'll see your narrative, and raise you some big data *
by frickerdog  (2017-03-20 14:17:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As long as you have the bandwidth *
by Notra_Dahm  (2017-03-21 03:47:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like
by ShillelaghHugger  (2017-03-20 14:14:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

Shenanigans? You guys talking about Shenanigans? *
by jimmypop  (2017-03-20 15:59:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just which optics are you pursuing? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-03-20 14:13:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what about french benefits? *
by 84david  (2017-03-20 14:04:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This begs a lot of questions. *
by winning  (2017-03-20 13:53:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What's your story, guy? *
by Mark_It_Zero  (2017-03-20 13:50:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's not your guy, friend. *
by DawsonMayes871  (2017-03-20 15:53:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not your friend, pal. *
by veets  (2017-03-20 16:17:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not your pal, buddy. *
by cincysubdomer  (2017-03-20 16:36:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.